General Category > Emotional Support

So unhappy with my double jaw surgery (Before and After photo added)

(1/4) > >>

drizzlesome:
Hi all,

I am a 27 year old male. I had a double jaw surgery to treat obstructive sleep apnea 14 days ago. My sleep apnea situation was moderate. The surgeon performed a counterclockwise rotation for my upper jaw and lower jaw. As a result, my upper jaw was moved forward for 1 mm, and my lower jaw was moved forward for 10 mm.

Now as the swelling disappears, I am so unhappy about the aesthetic outcome. Before the surgery, the shape of my face is oval from front view, where my chin is slim. From side view, I have a little receding chin. So I have a very young look. People usually think I'm around 20 y/o. However, after the surgery, the shape of my face became square... My chin is so wide now.. I feel that I became much more uglier and I lost my identity. I think that the surgeon forwarded my lower jaw way too much. And from the side, my chin is too protruding..

I had the surgery partially covered by the insurance company. Now if I want to have my lower jaw back for a few millimeters, that will be another surgery to pay. I feel so bad now..

needadvancement:
Pictures would help us understand better. I find it difficult to see the negatives in a male (who looks too young for his age) who just got himself a masculine, prominent chin and lower jaw, sounds like a dream I'm chasing after.

Lazlo:
none of this means s**t without pictures dude. there's no point even writing about it.

carlos30:
without at least side and front before-after pics, everything is pointless.

jesterofmalice:
Pictures would be great, pal.
I'd be particularly interested because your 'before' sounds like me now.
Small chin, slightly recessed, I look much much younger than my years etc.
And I'm hoping to get my overbite+crossbite fixed with jaw surgery.
I think BOTH of my jaws need to come forward too, so i'd love to see your before and after pics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version