Author Topic: CCW surgeon jaw  (Read 7331 times)

Sinsajo

CCW surgeon jaw
« on: December 29, 2015, 06:17:15 PM »
Hey!!! I want to know some surgeon who performs any CCW in the jaw? (removing Arnett / Gunson and Salier)

Bobbit

Re: CCW surgeon jaw
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 02:54:09 PM »
Hey!!! I want to know some surgeon who performs any CCW in the jaw? (removing Arnett / Gunson and Salier)

Why are you eliminating  Arnett, Gunson, and Sallier  from consideration as possible surgeons for your CCW rotation of your jaw ?

kjohnt

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 03:12:25 PM »
Why are you eliminating  Arnett, Gunson, and Sallier  from consideration as possible surgeons for your CCW rotation of your jaw ?
Cost, I assume.

Sinsajo

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »
Because I do not want to have to prostitute to pay for surgery.

Bobbit

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 03:36:29 PM »
Because I do not want to have to prostitute to pay for surgery.

How much do you expect it should cost to have your jaw surgery ?

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 06:56:11 PM »
Lol can someone just answer the question?? I actually want to know the same thing the reason being I am in NYC. Isn't that standard in jaw surgery these days?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Sinsajo

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »
20k-25k

~ 55k no such Arnett, Gunson, or 100k as Salier.

I think that Dr. Sinn Does and is united states.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 02:02:22 AM »
Lol can someone just answer the question?? I actually want to know the same thing the reason being I am in NYC. Isn't that standard in jaw surgery these days?
Few do CCW.

kjohnt

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 02:34:14 AM »
Dr. Wolford does CCW.  He's in Dallas, TX.  I don't know anything about his prices.

Dr. Mommaerts in Brussels apparently does as well but I've read multiple bad reviews about him on this forum.

I've read that Dr. Bloomquist in Seattle doesn't by one member and does by another, so I'm not sure.  I'm going to consult with him soon so we'll see what he says.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 02:47:51 AM »
Dr. Wolford does CCW.  He's in Dallas, TX.  I don't know anything about his prices.

Dr. Mommaerts in Brussels apparently does as well but I've read multiple bad reviews about him on this forum.

I've read that Dr. Bloomquist in Seattle doesn't by one member and does by another, so I'm not sure.  I'm going to consult with him soon so we'll see what he says.
Lol, wolford invented CCW.   His before and afters are unbelievably good.  But his hospital prices are quite something.    The surgeon's fee is not that bad considering his stature in the field.

ForeverDet

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 04:39:16 PM »

Yeah he doesn't do CCW and he also won't treat patients with TMJ issues. His total costs though are quite affordable and he could be a good choice for "simple" cases. His double jaw surgery fee, hospital and anesthesia he quoted me 13k total I believe. Hell of a deal.

Lol, wolford invented CCW.   His before and afters are unbelievably good.  But his hospital prices are quite something.    The surgeon's fee is not that bad considering his stature in the field.

Not to mention he will push for total joint replacement even if you only have occasional clicking in your joints. He's one of the best for sure though and wouldn't hurt seein him I guess if you lived near him and had absolutely no joint crap as well as the money.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »

Yeah he doesn't do CCW and he also won't treat patients with TMJ issues. His total costs though are quite affordable and he could be a good choice for "simple" cases. His double jaw surgery fee, hospital and anesthesia he quoted me 13k total I believe. Hell of a deal.
But where CCW is required, the alternatives almost always look s**t.

Picollo30

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 04:53:13 PM »
Sinsajo i'm from Portugal and i'm going to have BSSO with CCW rotation and impaction plus sliding genio.

My surgery is going to be in Oporto (Hospital São João). Dr. is Rui Balhau Mendes. How come maxfacs dont perform this when he said to me this is what he was going to do? Are you sure of this? Dr. said this is way to go because i have severe sleep apnea.

This is in my treatment plan. Dammit i dont want to be a guinea pig for someone or look worse than i do now.

Can you pm please?

kjohnt

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 05:13:32 PM »
Sinsajo i'm from Portugal and i'm going to have BSSO with CCW rotation and impaction plus sliding genio.

My surgery is going to be in Oporto (Hospital São João). Dr. is Rui Balhau Mendes. How come maxfacs dont perform this when he said to me this is what he was going to do? Are you sure of this? Dr. said this is way to go because i have severe sleep apnea.

This is in my treatment plan. Dammit i dont want to be a guinea pig for someone or look worse than i do now.

Can you pm please?

I don't know anything about your surgeon, but the fact that he says you need CCW rotation and that he will do this for you is a good thing.  Ask him how many he's performed and if he has before/after photos of previous patients.

ForeverDet

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 05:23:19 PM »
But where CCW is required, the alternatives almost always look s**t.

Duh that's why I said simple cases for Dr. B, implying those that don't require CCW. Not like mine or many others. He wanted to do straight advancement after examining me for 4-5 minutes using a ruler so I mentally crossed his name off the list during the consult. It was a red flag for sure that anyone who doesn't need just moderate advancement should bypass him. IIRC I mentioned CCW and the Arnett facial trait norm values without mentioning his name and he said it had "fallacies" or some s**t, using that approach. Okay buddy, having objective guide (it's not god's word) and utilizing essential rotational techniques has fallacies.