Author Topic: My situation with asymmetric jaw line and chin  (Read 7207 times)

corcocarca

My situation with asymmetric jaw line and chin
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:01:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have an asymmetry in the face, especially in the chin and jaw. This was caused by an orthognathic surgery Lefort 2 that have two years before.

I went to see many maxillofacial surgeons and cosmetic surgeons to help me with this problem. Most can not help me, and some tell me that only can help me putting jaw implants, since the bone can not touch because I had surgery before.

The problem with the jaw implant, is that I will be the very wide face, as they have to put it on both sides, and I'm looking for something more natural. Also, the another problem is to see how to solve the asymmetry in the chin, because surgeons tell me that you can not touch the bone.

Here are some examples of how it would face as implants and so I'm looking to my ideal.

Now

Ideal

With implants jaw

Now

Ideal

Thanks in advance for your help!

kjohnt

Re: My situation with asymmetric jaw line and chin
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 12:39:49 AM »
IDK man, I'm not seeing the asymmetries, or at least not to the extent that you are.  Is your left-side jawline a little stronger at the gonial angle maybe?  I can't tell.

ForeverDet

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:00:24 AM »
I don't see any noticeable asymmetry. Most people have asymmetry anyway, especially in the jaws and that's perfectly normal to an extent.

My jaw line is way more uneven than yours but most ppl don't notice and I'm not going to subject myself to more jaw surgery.

corcocarca

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 03:15:50 AM »
Yes, the side left is more stronger. The problem is that also the chin in the side left is more big.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 03:36:53 AM »
Yes, the side left is more stronger. The problem is that also the chin in the side left is more big.
Technically your whole left side of the face is wider.  This is pretty normal.  I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

corcocarca

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »
Technically your whole left side of the face is wider.  This is pretty normal.  I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

The problem is that is quite noticeable, at least for me. It makes it seem that the whole face was twisted to one side.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 04:09:52 PM »

The problem is that is quite noticeable, at least for me. It makes it seem that the whole face was twisted to one side.
There are movie stars more asymmetrical than you.

Bobbit

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »

If someone doesn't notice the issue after looking for 30 seconds at your pictures - -  it really is not a problem.  I looked longer and still did not see the problem.  There are people with real problems that need surgery.   I do not think you are one of those.

So let me be blunt and direct - -  I think most good surgeons would politely tell you that you do not need surgery.  If you insist,  they might think you were a patient with hugely unreasonable expectations.  Surgeons without a conscience - -  may well find an excuse to do further surgery.

Seeing you in person in an in-office face-to-face consultation might cause a surgeon to reach a different conclusion - - but I sort of doubt it.

corcocarca

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 06:15:46 PM »
I dont sound like lunatic, it's true I'm a little obsessed with this since I see myself and it seems as if my whole face was wrong. The shadow in the previous photos maybe help a little to apparently be better symmetry, but the reality is not so. In this picture you can see better the asymmetry. The left side seems like he was stuck more inside.

Bobbit

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
I dont sound like lunatic, it's true I'm a little obsessed with this since I see myself and it seems as if my whole face was wrong. The shadow in the previous photos maybe help a little to apparently be better symmetry, but the reality is not so. In this picture you can see better the asymmetry. The left side seems like he was stuck more inside.

Ok,  that view changes the picture. 

So is your  left jaw LARGE - -  or is your  right hand jaw SMALL ?

What went wrong with your previous surgery?

Where do you live ?   In terms of identifying someone who might work on you ?

kjohnt

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 07:04:26 PM »
It is much more obvious in the most recent picture.  Maybe a custom implant to fit the right-side jawline?  You have any x-rays?

corcocarca

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 10:47:36 PM »
I am from Argentina, my left side is more pronounced out. In the maxillofacial surgery guess I had not staying properly aligned jaw. If pay attention, my lips and nose are slightly crooked because have bones aligned more to one side than the other. The problem with the custom implant is that very expensive. This only make for some cases of trauma in the face, by accident, otherwise you have to settle for a standard implant.

This is a profile photo to see detail.

corcocarca

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
This is better, more aligned each side

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »
This is better, more aligned each side

Looks like you've got a negative orbital vector going on pretty strong on one side.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

corcocarca

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 03:58:25 AM »
Really in both sides. See.