Author Topic: Paper consult with Dr Gunson  (Read 7692 times)

SJay

Paper consult with Dr Gunson
« on: January 12, 2016, 03:19:00 PM »
Hi,

Has anyone else done the paper consult with Dr Gunson's office? I was wondering how in depth the assessment is, and how long it generally takes them to get back to their patients with regards to this kind of thing. If any of you have done it, please let me know about your experience. Thanks!

DRIVVEN

• Private
Re: Paper consult with Dr Gunson
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 12:05:07 AM »
i had an in person consult not a paper consult.

Vic

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 04:44:48 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone else done the paper consult with Dr Gunson's office? I was wondering how in depth the assessment is, and how long it generally takes them to get back to their patients with regards to this kind of thing. If any of you have done it, please let me know about your experience. Thanks!

I've had a paper consult, but it's not actually with him. It's with his team who gather all your documents i.e x-rays, photo's then decide whether they can actually help you. Gunson then only see's you in person after

SJay

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 06:15:36 AM »
Thanks for your answers, but I've actually had the consultations and surgery now. But for anyone else who is interested, who lives in a different state/country, the paper consult is a good preliminary step, then you can fly out, re-do all the measurements and have the surgery whilst you're over there. That's what I did!

Bobbit

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 09:12:12 AM »

What do they charge for doing the preliminary  "paper"  consult ?

SJay

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
I don't recall the exact price, but I think it was around 250 USD. If you call Kimberly, at their office, she'll be able to tell you a lot more than I can.

kjohnt

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 07:42:39 PM »
Can anybody confirm the paper consultation is not analyzed by Dr. Gunson and instead his team?  I'd think this would be noted when speaking with the office staff?

Also, how much did your orthodontists charge for the necessary tooth models?

marcus3415

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 04:28:12 AM »
Tooth models are around $500 in northeast US

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:07:04 AM »
Tooth models are around $500 in northeast US
This can't be right - it must include some other services.  The models themselves are completely trivial to make.

marcus3415

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 05:48:48 AM »
My apologies meant to type $50.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 07:09:39 AM »
Thanks for your answers, but I've actually had the consultations and surgery now. But for anyone else who is interested, who lives in a different state/country, the paper consult is a good preliminary step, then you can fly out, re-do all the measurements and have the surgery whilst you're over there. That's what I did!

How long did you have to stay there?  Did you stay in a hotel?  Would you say its worth the travel?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

kjohnt

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 07:58:02 AM »
Follow-up:

My models costed $33 and some change.  Gunson's staff can do these as part of a full consultation for $50.

Paper consultation is $175.

My question regarding who actually does the analysis was disregarded, so I assume it is not Gunson.

SJay

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 05:28:35 PM »
I think Kimberly does the analysis, then Dr Gunson runs through it, and he skypes with you to discuss it.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 06:32:31 PM »
I think Kimberly does the analysis, then Dr Gunson runs through it, and he skypes with you to discuss it.
That's what i assumed as well.   But They keep dragging their feet with mine.  And every time I call they say Dr Gunson has not had the time to look at it. Maybe it's because I've already had jaw surgery and they have to be extra careful deciding whether it's worth it.
What concerns me about these star volume providers is whether they will be the ones operating. I have a really bad feeling that the reason I ended up with all this nerve damage is that my surgeon let his fellow have a crack.

kjohnt

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 10:55:33 AM »
That's what i assumed as well.   But They keep dragging their feet with mine.  And every time I call they say Dr Gunson has not had the time to look at it. Maybe it's because I've already had jaw surgery and they have to be extra careful deciding whether it's worth it.
What concerns me about these star volume providers is whether they will be the ones operating. I have a really bad feeling that the reason I ended up with all this nerve damage is that my surgeon let his fellow have a crack.

Did you ever get your response?  I've sent everything in as of last week and am curious as to how long the process takes.  I'm hoping a couple of weeks but am guessing it could take a couple of months?  I know their office is very busy.