Author Topic: Just had surgery yesterday. One question.  (Read 1083 times)

Aloha611

Just had surgery yesterday. One question.
« on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:35 PM »
I had a Lafitte osteotomy yesterday.  My doctor said he moved the maxilla forward by about a half a centimeter.  That struck me as a very miniscule amount.  I really don't want to go through all this just to be disspointed that my face still looks the same.  Is a half centimeter a large distance to move the maxilla, or is it a small distance?

PloskoPlus

Re: Just had surgery yesterday. One question.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:47:04 PM »
I had a Lafitte osteotomy yesterday.  My doctor said he moved the maxilla forward by about a half a centimeter.  That struck me as a very miniscule amount.  I really don't want to go through all this just to be disspointed that my face still looks the same.  Is a half centimeter a large distance to move the maxilla, or is it a small distance?
Standard. The movement is determined by your bite.

JacobK

Re: Just had surgery yesterday. One question.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:51:11 AM »
I say trust your surgeon. 5 mm make a huge difference, facially.