Author Topic: Doctors who work with insurance?  (Read 2714 times)

toddstratt

Doctors who work with insurance?
« on: February 01, 2016, 05:18:40 PM »
I am looking into getting a double jaw surgery done and through my search for doctors who work best with insurance coverage I stumbled across Dr. Grant McGann. He seems like a competent doctor and has some before and after pics of surgeries performed on patients that are displayed on his site. It looks very promising and I feel like this is a doctor I may follow up with, but I am curious to know if there are any other surgeons who work in network in California, or the United States as well.

Having such a big procedure done makes me nervous and I want to be in the most capable hands as possible. I had a tried to get a previous consultation with Dr. Arnett of Santa Barbara and ideally I would have wanted to go with their office, however it was going to be 50-70k out of pocket and that is unfortunately not realistic for me to afford in the slightest. I was also curious to know if there was additional surgery that would be recommended with double jaw surgery. I am not sure how the surgery itself affects other parts of the face aside from slightly widening the base and upturning the nose. I also have a deviated septum that I am hoping to get fixed. I attached some pics I have of my current jawline as well. Do you guys think there would be less invasive surgeries I could do, or other options based on my deformity? Doctor said I had a stage II overbite, and overjet.

Thanks for your help guys,

Todd

P.S. I am not sure if I posted this in the right section so feel free to move it mods.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:06:17 PM by toddstratt »

sensual_lips

Re: Doctors who work with insurance?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 04:19:49 PM »
Hi.

Have you heard of surgery first orthodontics after treatment?

sensual_lips

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:33 PM »
Also i am going to be flying out from the UK to Rome in Italy to have this revolutionary new technique stemming from south Korea and south east Asia where i believe they invented this new way of treatment. I will be having it with - professor sandro pelo as he is they only guy in Europe that is doing it.
Could not find anyone in the USA who was dong this revolutionary technique. The beauty of - "surgery first" - is that the usual up to 2 yrs of orthodontics B.S lol - before having the surgery is not necessary and instead you have your surgery first then treated with orthodontics afterwards. All over Asia and especially south Korea where they are obsessed with orthognathic surgery - this is the first line of treatment!

Your a really good looking guy and i know with the right surgeon and plan you could look amazing :) real talk!
Please don't hesitate to msg me anytime and i will get back to you as soon as i can. Please check out professor sandro pelo - http://www.sandropelo.it/
Amazing results and he is a leading expert in the field. He also btw is not 50 thousand dollars lol i think he is around $10000/$15000 dollars upto max - $20,000.

Take care x

sensual_lips

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 04:41:11 PM »
Ahh forgot something most important in regard to your main concern..lol..sorry.

My doctor excepts medical insurance coverage so my plan is to open up an insurance policy that covers Europe, already looked into it. I am sure you have med insurance policies that cover surgery abroad - say in Europe right?

X