Author Topic: Let's talk about rhinoplasty  (Read 8619 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Let's talk about rhinoplasty
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »
A lot of us are looking into nose work in conjunction with jaw surgery or have already had it done.

I really don't want a done look, nor open rhinoplasty cause I can see scars on people who have had it done. They say the scar is invisible, but it ain't, on a daily basis living in the city I can spot the scar. Though I may just be hyper-perceptive about it.

Seems like open is the way to go to really get a good result. Also the philosophy is not so much to bring the nose down, but to build it up into a more aesthetically perceiving shape --especially for someone like me who has thick skin and a bulbous large nose. Reduction would be a nightmare if not also combined with strategic grafting to hold the shape.

Right now I think Dr. Spencer Cochrane in Texas and Dr. Dean Toriumi are the top dogs in this area. If you know a good closed rhino guy let me know.

But I'd also like those with good before afters of themselves or others to share. Especially your pics and stories having had it done and what you'd recommend! Cheers!

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Let's talk about rhinoplasty
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »
Did I show u my pics

yes, your was one of the few I've seen that was really well done.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 03:27:52 PM »
Cochrane does 99% open. Even Brad Pitt had a nose job.  Is it noticeable?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »
Cochrane does 99% open. Even Brad Pitt had a nose job.  Is it noticeable?

lol Brad pitt has with 100 percent certainty and I would bet my net worth on it has not had a nose job.

I can think of very, very few cases where I cannot tell someone has had a rhinoplasty. Clive Owen for example admits to several having fractured his nose a bunch of times.

Brad Pitt gets a lot of work done, his skin for sure it's obvious but looks good and he may have had an otoplasty early in his career, but his good looks are his.

I'd have to see Cochrane's patients in person, Ilovemoon is right, it's a terribly unpredicatble surgery.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 12:39:23 AM »
lol Brad pitt has with 100 percent certainty and I would bet my net worth on it has not had a nose job.

I can think of very, very few cases where I cannot tell someone has had a rhinoplasty. Clive Owen for example admits to several having fractured his nose a bunch of times.

Brad Pitt gets a lot of work done, his skin for sure it's obvious but looks good and he may have had an otoplasty early in his career, but his good looks are his.

I'd have to see Cochrane's patients in person, Ilovemoon is right, it's a terribly unpredicatble surgery.

Rumor has it he had rhinoplasty and otoplasty in his 20s.

strongjawman

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 02:52:43 AM »
Is a septoplasty an easier procedure than a rhino?

My nose is slightly crooked (the bump is ever so slightly shifted to one side) from years of boxing. I don't want to change the size or shape of it, literally just straighten it. Surely that's easier than trying to shave it into a completely new shape right?

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 06:54:19 AM »
I once chatted to a person who had a rhino and asked him who the best surgeons were. It was a while ago so I don't quite remember why he thought like he did but I still have the list he sent me:

1. Andrew S. Frankel (LA)

2. Richard Davis (Miramar Florida)

3. David W. Kim (San Francisco CA)

4. Thomas T. Le (Baltimore)

5. Steven Pearlman (NYC)

Anyone heard of any of them, anyone disagree

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 02:41:24 PM »
Frankel is known to be strong. The rest here I've heard of too and they are very iffy.

I'd seen Cochrane and toriumi (the master) before going to any of these others. I've done Earl-like dilligence on toriumi. He has one patient from thousands who is a stalker/mental case who has been using public computers etc. etc. to destroy his online reputation.

There is a reason why two doctors who do rhino's I spoke with and have no reason to endorse him have old me he is a magician and out of everyone's league. Though he charges like 20 grand for a primary rhino so also out of most people pay-scale.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 05:46:52 PM »
bollocks
Lol, OK it's like the Tom Cruise jaw implants rumor then.

Kambrook

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 10:49:40 PM »
Cruise obviously had some dento-facial work done.. what do you think?
He's notorious for his previously off-centre smile. He should get a rhino too - his nose is horrible in profile:

kjohnt

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 11:03:46 PM »
He's notorious for his previously off-centre smile. He should get a rhino too - his nose is horrible in profile:

I would take his looks any day of the week, off-center midlines and nose included.  I do like being a little bit taller than he is however.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 11:21:39 PM »
give me a break, none of these guys have had any major s**t done. The guys like John Stamos who admits to having a rhino, looks like he had a rhino.

Cruise, despite the crap you read on the internet had braces to correct dental problems, not so much aesthetic ones. So just stop all of this now. Brad pitt has had a lot of skin fillers for his facial acne scars. That's it.

Now the really, really good hair work is a bit harder to spot if it was done when the star already had most of their own hair (example Matthew Mcconaghey whatever) and I think Johnny Depp was thinning a bit overall and may have had a slight bit of work done but I might be wrong there, that's how careful I'm on stating a definitive opinion.

By the way Tom Cruise's nose is one of his most defining features!

So give me a break. that's it.

Bobbit

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 04:35:20 PM »

By the way Tom Cruise's nose is one of his most defining features!

Yes.  Ye would be crazy to get a rhinoplasty.  It is almost a trademark!

SJay

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 07:35:00 AM »
I'm a Frankel patient, he's good! He did my revision 4 months ago, and gave me a nose back. Now I just need to fix my chin (Dr G - 17 March). Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:29:34 AM by sj594 »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »
Hey thanks for sharing your Frankel pics but I can't tell the difference, which is the before and which  the after? Your nose looks great in both! Can you also show a frontal pic? ANd if both of those are "afters" can you show us what your nose looked like before any surgery? Thanks!!!

Also do you know the specifics of what was done on your nose? Were rib grafts or cartilege grafts used from your ear? Spreader grafts to your nostrils? Closed or open rhinoplasty? Thank a ton! Regardless, you must be very happy with your new nose!