Author Topic: bleh  (Read 11588 times)

Rico

Re: REALLY BAD NEWS
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 12:51:59 AM »
Look at the example of the picture above

yes incision is not necessary .it's reserved for simpliest fracture with minimal to moderate displacement
How much you can open your mouth ? how many cm?  sometimes this can be indicator how big displacement it is.. (if there is only one piecie of fractured bone)
If close reduction is possible, then a surgeon ( not all surgeons, just many do that) just screw in your cheek something to makes the bone easy to manipulate -  he makes kinda lever
as it's visible on the picture in my previous post.  It should be longer. Simple physics
However in the case of close reduction I would check if there is no strange fragments in the canal which may still compress the nerve after reduction, but it's rather rare. Generally you can always do CT again after 3 months to be sure if there is no compression on the nerve.  BUT IF AFTER REDUCTION THE NERVE REGENERATES FASTLY, I MEAN WHEN YOU SEE IMPROVEMENT THAT MEANS IT;S OK :) If the nerve is only just compressed and you have still good feeling then 3-6 months and you will get 100% feeling
If you have quite good feeling then the nerve was just hit and compressed a little ... and moving the bone outside automatically do the decompression and that's all

As you see it depends on surgeon, which approach he preffers. So it' good to ask him about 2 possible options and what he thinks.
it's always about finding the optimal option for surgeon and a patient

I updated my post and added info about zygomatic arch fixation. Check again

Do the block with the bottle and towel as I described you earlier, but
for 99% you won't turn on your bad , it's on the subconscious   level ;)
I will start to do it after about 6 weeks ;)
but secure yourself with kinda block in the bed near your back , that will protect you from sleeping on the affected side

ALWAYS MAKE A COPY OF ANY CD YOU GET FROM MEDICAL SERVICE.

I think quite good option is doing close reduction with one mini-plate on eyebrow. As your surgeon told you 40% for option without plates,, I would say rather 50% , then having mini-pplate on the eyebrow (to remove in few month)  increase the number ,, I would say to 80-90% :)

but I do not see CT, I can't tell you more.
just 3 options I see without CT
- no incisions, no plates
- only one incision and one miniplate on eyebrow - easy to install, easy to remove, bone more secured
- incisions and 2-3 plates -  i wouldn't do that if fracture is simple

Bobbit

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 08:34:12 AM »

Lazlo,

Rico is doing good but having trouble with the language translation.

A  "Closed"  reduction of a fracture is one in which the surgeon manipulates the bone pieces without having to do surgery and open the skin to gain direct access to the fracture.

An  "Open"  reduction is when they have to do surgery and gain access to directly manipulate the bones or apply fixation internally.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 11:29:51 PM »
keep us posted!

Bobbit

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 07:13:54 AM »
Ahh I see thanks for the translation Bobbit, very kind of both you and Rico to explain.

So I have a friend who is a young max fac who I never even thought about asking about all this (she's more of an acquaintance and I think quite new).

But here's interesting news. She said the craniofacial surgeon is not giving me the right advice. She said go to a good max fac. Any good max fac and she gave me a few names is well trained at fixing trauma to cheekbones and that it is indeed their "bread and butter". They routinely access the cheekbone if it fractures from inside the mouth and are able to fixate it with a metal plate. So while I have an appointment with another craniofacial doctor, and have sent Sinn my stuff (his reaction is going to probably be they don't know what the f**k they're doing in Toronto if they can't fix this), I'll hopefully try with a max fac as well. Hoping to get this fixed, behind me and healing for my real surgeries.

Keep in mind,   the first "craniofacial" person you saw does not exhibit any evidence that she was ever actually trained in craniofacial surgery - - - .  She may be.  And she may know precisely what she is doing.  And keep in mind,  there is often more than one way to fix different fractures.  Different surgeons will have different approaches to different problems.   Does not mean any of them are wrong.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: REALLY BAD NEWS ------REDUX PLEASE CHECK OUT
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »
Dr. Sinn to the rescue!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with him, he called my Dad personally. Now that's a f**king mensch!!!

He saw my CT said the bones are minimally displaced and just let them heal on their own. He saw that there were three fractures. Said the coronal incision is indeed the only way to fix it but it's not really necessary to fix it as often the bone overheals and will be stronger as a result and probably smooth over any displacement. Said it won't effect jaw surgery at all either.

He said the keen procedure won't be able to fix the displacement either since it's displaced differently in three places.

I just praise the Lord for Dr. Sinn, what a great surgeon and man. He's healing well from his surgery and is slowly slowly getting back into his practice. He really cares about his patients.

Alright. I think I'm going to take his advice. Will probably meet with one more surgeon Dr. Fialkov just to see what he says, but I think Dr. Sinn is right. He said if the cheekbone then needs to be changed with he does the second operation on me, he can always do that then.

LIFESAVER is all I have to say. What do you guys think? 

JayJaw

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 12:51:04 PM »
^ Glad to hear you got a good response. Best wishes and heal well!

Rico

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 02:54:20 PM »
that's good.. so your bone moved no more than  1-2mm right ?
did you ask him about ION compression ?
 hmm Sinn opinion is little .... hmm

PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR CT. I will check it myself
I was told also my bone was displaced minimally and I had significantly more flat cheek. but my displacement was about 2mm back and 3mm inward with some rotation

close/closed reduction is "close"  no incision - just manipulating bone and set in proper position to lock the bone in cracks

open/opened reduction - do incisions and install plates

i'm sure about that and this is what I said before. I do not know why I was understood wrongly

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »
Dr. Sinn to the rescue!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with him, he called my Dad personally. Now that's a f**king mensch!!!

He saw my CT said the bones are minimally displaced and just let them heal on their own. He saw that there were three fractures. Said the coronal incision is indeed the only way to fix it but it's not really necessary to fix it as often the bone overheals and will be stronger as a result and probably smooth over any displacement. Said it won't effect jaw surgery at all either.

He said the keen procedure won't be able to fix the displacement either since it's displaced differently in three places.

I just praise the Lord for Dr. Sinn, what a great surgeon and man. He's healing well from his surgery and is slowly slowly getting back into his practice. He really cares about his patients.

Alright. I think I'm going to take his advice. Will probably meet with one more surgeon Dr. Fialkov just to see what he says, but I think Dr. Sinn is right. He said if the cheekbone then needs to be changed with he does the second operation on me, he can always do that then.

LIFESAVER is all I have to say. What do you guys think? 

i wish i could visit dr. sinn and get surgery with him

needadvancement

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2016, 03:23:46 PM »
So your plans will not be interrupted now?

Rico

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2016, 04:35:13 PM »
I need Sinn advice too I have terrible problems after my surgery :/ noone an help me localy. Please PM me Lazlo

tell me how to send him that CT ? perhaps he will give me some advice

PloskoPlus

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »
I need Sinn advice too I have terrible problems after my surgery :/ noone an help me localy. Please PM me Lazlo

tell me how to send him that CT ? perhaps he will give me some advice
Send therm an email with a link to your Google drive or drop box. If they don't reply within a week, call them.

Rico

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2016, 12:41:59 AM »
I did it.   I was told he is unavailable to April

So I wonder how Lazlo contacted him

PloskoPlus

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2016, 01:44:24 AM »
I did it.   I was told he is unavailable to April

So I wonder how Lazlo contacted him
He'd seen him in person before.  Thanks to earl25 sinn is inundated with emails.

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2016, 01:50:19 PM »
sorry rico

Rico

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2016, 04:23:38 AM »
You are right.

I checked my files. I see some errors there. I corrected them and it;s not so bad

just only zygomatic arch is strange.... the bottom of it. You can look at my files - You will see it .. that fragments of bone
i try  to determine if this is important

and I'm little affraid that there is bone union after my infection

Sorry for my complaining in your thread. I'm creating new one ;)

PS I think Sinn is not right. If the displacement is >=2mm then, you shoud have reduction surgery, at least "closed" one. It's not so hard. You should check it in 2 or 3 hospitals... or go to another city. but really fast . You have  to do it in this week. If I had your CT I would tell You what You need.