Author Topic: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....  (Read 99919 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....
« on: April 04, 2013, 01:39:51 AM »
So I saw this on another forum and it's so telling. This is some real housewife or some reality star. She had PS --specifically a chin implant/filler to her midface
and veneers (clearly to expand the appearance of her upper arch). She looks like pretty bad afterward.

And then here one of the users on the forum, through photoshop did his own surgery: shortened her maxilla, and upper lip area, and shortened her chin and rotated
the tip of her nose slightly down. So here's what's important, at least the chin procedure and the upper lip shortening are "possible" through currently available
plastic surgery. Unfortunately, these results are probably not possible, but it goes to show you that shortening the mid-face, and I've heard this from many, many people before, can dramatically improve one's attractiveness. It's really remarkable.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 01:44:08 AM »
sorry, never have figured out how to post photos, jpegs from my desktop, and I can't erase the thread since i started it....

overbiter

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19:54 AM »
Upload the pics to an image hosting site, then use the url link to display the images.

pekay

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
yeah that's the one, here's the pic of shortening the maxilla and the upper lip and turning down the nose, shortening the chin.

it's kind of remarkable how shortening the mid face makes someone look so much more attractive. Too bad this is just photoshop, I'm
sure any real PS way to try and do this would look fake as f**k. As you can see from pekay's pics above, her actual PS looks like crap.

[attachment deleted by admin]

pumukka

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
I think the veneers might be to also cover the small gummy smile she had before and perhaps its not so much of a long mid-face but that her nose is still up making it seem like that? My tip is up but my nostrils are down so i dont really have what they call "piggy" nose

I think she was very beautiful before any surgery too

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
the only huge difference i see is in the lighting and her skin, to me her hair and skin before looks dried up and leathery

CK

• Private
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 02:11:01 PM »
her midface isn't that long fortunately. she definitely looks better after but she looked fine before. her midface is naturally long im guessing, so it's not a huge deal. proportions matter more than a strong/weak jaw.

pumukka

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
For me she looked more natural before any work on her face, the pictures pekay posted the bottom right one is photoshoped, the top right one is from a tv program so you cant see her new face/skin like in natural light like the one in the left :) but she still looks good

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 05:54:49 PM »
in the picture I posted, shortening the distance between the upper lip and the nose makes a RADICAL difference in her appearance and beauty. I'm surprised you guys can't see that. I'm not talking about pekay's pictures --her actual PS is crap. I'm just talking about what shortening the midface/speficially the upper lip can do.

pekay

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 06:27:16 PM »
This is her pre-op + a morph that I did in MS Paint

shortened her mid-face and she still looks about the same

compact mid-face/long mid-face, short upper lip/long upper lip (philtrum) some people just aren't meant to be attractive

Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 06:44:44 PM »
This is her pre-op + a morph that I did in MS Paint

shortened her mid-face and she still looks about the same

compact mid-face/long mid-face, short upper lip/long upper lip (philtrum) some people just aren't meant to be attractive

i would say she looks MUCH better in your second photo Pekay.

pekay

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 06:48:02 PM »
i would say she looks MUCH better in your second photo Pekay.

LOL I guess she looks a little better but even if she had 1 million bucks to blow this type of result is unattainable via current craniofacial/maxillofacial/plastic surgery
Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:51:06 PM »
I have it too, sucks so much that one of the most aesthetically unappealing aspects is unfixable and that I have it. Makes little sense to me either how it wouldn't be fixable, it seems like it would be a much easier fix than having a long nose, but apparently not. It's counterintuitive.

I'm gonna ask the max-fac surgeon next time I see him if bringing the lower jaw and chin forward will help the appearance of the philtrum, and retracted nasal columnella which only serves to accentuate the length.

pekay

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »

I'm gonna ask the max-fac surgeon next time I see him if bringing the lower jaw and chin forward will help the appearance of the philtrum, and retracted nasal columnella which only serves to accentuate the length.

aye that will help

as far as the retracted columella you're going to need cartilage graft for that
Chopsticks > Spoons