Author Topic: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....  (Read 99978 times)

x

• Private
Re: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »
aye that will help

as far as the retracted columella you're going to need cartilage graft for that
I'm not saying it will make it shorter, only give the illusion of it being shorter possibly. Better lip support post-surgery tends to curve the upper lip upwards and make it appear more full and make the lower lip less bulgy simultaneously. And bringing the lower face forward will make the profile less convex.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 09:37:29 AM »
another woman from the same show, same problem

her lip implants look good

pekay

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
for Lazlo

Chopsticks > Spoons

pekay

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 02:09:06 PM »
Gretchen Rossi

Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »
LOL.

Can you do William H. Macy? He has a long philtrum but I bet making his midface any shorter would just make him look really strange

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 03:03:59 PM »
for Lazlo

lol thanks pekay. someone told me i had facial dimensions (though unfortunately don't look anything like) Richard Gere --i.e. my facial proportions are similar. Interestingly, I think Gere looks a bit younger with a shorter midface, but he looks way wimpier and also kind of idiotic --I can't pin what it is but he looks stupid. He's good looking even now, but man, when he was younger there really is now one who just looks so overall appealing. I totally get why my mom's generation friggin adored richard gere. I mean really, the guy is blessed:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/rolling-stone-cover-volume-446-4-25-1985-richard-gere.html

pekay

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »
LOL.

Can you do William H. Macy? He has a long philtrum but I bet making his midface any shorter would just make him look really strange

Chopsticks > Spoons

pekay

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »
Sarah Jessica Parker

Chopsticks > Spoons

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
If only it was that easy, lol.

x

• Private
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 06:04:26 PM »

Don't like the nose job on him, his face looks too empty and flat without it taking up a lot of space. Good example of one size doesn't fit all with aesthetics

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 06:31:15 PM »
When the nose is too long and the mouth is too low it looks horse like and too short of a midface and it looks too bulldog like (wayne rooney as an example) I heard mouth breathing can elongate the nose as it messes up the direction of facial growth :|

CK

• Private
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »
i seriously seriously doubt mouth breathing can alter the appearance of the nose.

none of those people seem to have any growth issues at all.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
i seriously seriously doubt mouth breathing can alter the appearance of the nose.

none of those people seem to have any growth issues at all.

It was just a rumour I heard from another forum. Basically when the eyes are too high on the face and the mouth too low you get that horse look and if the midface is too short you get a bulldog look. Women look best with short midfaces and men look better with normal midfaces.

CK

• Private
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 07:00:34 PM »
It was just a rumour I heard from another forum. Basically when the eyes are too high on the face and the mouth too low you get that horse look and if the midface is too short you get a bulldog look. Women look best with short midfaces and men look better with normal midfaces.

i disagree. it all boils down to proportions. richard geer's midface is quite long.

generally yes an elongated midface is bad news and rarely harmonizes well with the rest of one's features.

i just cant see how the appearance of the nose could in any way be affected by abnormal growth. maybe how it sits on the face but the shape/slope no way.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:32:44 PM by CK »

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 11:02:25 AM »
i disagree. it all boils down to proportions. richard geer's midface is quite long.

generally yes an elongated midface is bad news and rarely harmonizes well with the rest of one's features.

i just cant see how the appearance of the nose could in any way be affected by abnormal growth. maybe how it sits on the face but the shape/slope no way.

Well midface is one of the biggest things in proportion. Everytime someones midface is too short/too long they'll look worse than they could. No exceptions.