Author Topic: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....  (Read 99980 times)

CK

• Private
Re: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »
Well midface is one of the biggest things in proportion. Everytime someones midface is too short/too long they'll look worse than they could. No exceptions.

not necessarily. what makes a midface "too short/too long" is its relationship with the whole face.

pekay

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »
Ryan Gosling

either my morphs suck or this whole spacing thing has been completely blown out of proportion, I'm guessing it's a combination of both (more so the latter tbh)

my theory is that being attractive is just as complex and complicated as being unattractive, trying to credit feature(s) or spacing as the reason to why a person is attractive or unattractive seems like one big fallacy (at least to me)
Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 03:05:07 PM »
Ryan Gosling

either my morphs suck or this whole spacing thing has been completely blown out of proportion, I'm guessing it's a combination of both (more so the latter tbh)

my theory is that being attractive is just as complex and complicated as being unattractive, trying to credit feature(s) or spacing as the reason to why a person is attractive or unattractive seems like one big fallacy (at least to me)
the problem there is that your morph throws his 1/3rds out of proportion, now his upper 1/3rd is too big and he has a fivehead. he just doesn't have the head shape for a compact midface...

pekay

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »
the problem there is that your morph throws his 1/3rds out of proportion, now his upper 1/3rd is too big and he has a fivehead. he just doesn't have the head shape for a compact midface...

done. I still think he looks better in the "before"

Chopsticks > Spoons

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »
It's his eyes that throw everything off, they're too close set.

Can you have a bash at Amy Winehouse next please.

x

• Private
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2013, 03:20:18 PM »

I have wide set eyes and feel like they make me look beta, his eyes are maybe just slightly too close-set

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »
I have wide set eyes and feel like they make me look beta, his eyes are maybe just slightly too close-set

Feminine, wide set eyes can look great on a bloke if he has other strong masculine festures going on.

pekay

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »

having a hard time finding a picture of Amy where she is looking straight at the camera and not smiling

Chopsticks > Spoons

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 04:09:50 PM »
not necessarily. what makes a midface "too short/too long" is its relationship with the whole face.

Yes thanks for agreeing with me. Thats why it looks worse because it falls out of balance with the other thirds. Wide set eyes and a shortish nose are deemed feminine traits so are good for females whereas normal set eyes and normal length noses are preferred in men.

In beauty you have

Symmetry
Proportions of features
Features and the harmony of the combination of said features.

Notice that Gosling has a normal nose length (compared to his other thirds) but his eyes are very close-set which is why many of you think he has a "long midface" to improve him you would need to give him better eye shape an further apart eyes. His nose is fine.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »

having a hard time finding a picture of Amy where she is looking straight at the camera and not smiling

Ding, ding we have a winner - Ryan looks much better in that one, much more balanced.

Amy looks more feminine, those eyes look enormous,  but she's lost her edge and well, her Amyness.

You're very good at this, Pekay!

CK

• Private
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 04:36:04 PM »
Yes thanks for agreeing with me. Thats why it looks worse because it falls out of balance with the other thirds. Wide set eyes and a shortish nose are deemed feminine traits so are good for females whereas normal set eyes and normal length noses are preferred in men.

In beauty you have

Symmetry
Proportions of features
Features and the harmony of the combination of said features.

Notice that Gosling has a normal nose length (compared to his other thirds) but his eyes are very close-set which is why many of you think he has a "long midface" to improve him you would need to give him better eye shape an further apart eyes. His nose is fine.

symmetry doesn't matter as much as proportions. gosling does not have a long midface at all - unlike whinehouse (sp?).

not sure what u mean by shortish nose.

features dont matter that much imo...skin and hair definitely tho...

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 05:47:19 PM »
Ryan Gosling

I absolutely agree. It really is complicated. Not only does ryan gosling have a long midface, he has very close set eyes. there ARE many girls who think he's unattractive but who gives a f**k, most don't and it's in no small part because of his voice, acting ability, charisma --beauty is really quite a bit more complex. i'm retracting my former belief that short midfaces necessarily lead to beauty.

To tell you the truth, I think it might be more important for females. All the women you shortened look WAY, WAY better, but the guys, not so much  or not at all.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 06:04:58 PM »
symmetry doesn't matter as much as proportions. gosling does not have a long midface at all - unlike whinehouse (sp?).

not sure what u mean by shortish nose.

features dont matter that much imo...skin and hair definitely tho...

Short means short relative to everything else. If you're 5ft8 and thats the tallest guy in the room you're tall under those circumstances. Shortish nose = little shorter than other thirds. Goslings nose is well proportioned its just his eyes that are too close together that throws off the balance.

pekay

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »
Ding, ding we have a winner - Ryan looks much better in that one, much more balanced.

Amy looks more feminine, those eyes look enormous,  but she's lost her edge and well, her Amyness.

You're very good at this, Pekay!

drugs ruined her appearance.

she was super hot before all the booze and drugs

Chopsticks > Spoons

pekay

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:32 PM »

To tell you the truth, I think it might be more important for females. All the women you shortened look WAY, WAY better, but the guys, not so much  or not at all.

I concur and Gere was a sexy beast when he was younger

Chopsticks > Spoons