Author Topic: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....  (Read 105510 times)

Moon Pix 1985

Re: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »
While we are on the subject of midface length - has anybody ever actually heard what the ideal midface length is. Is there a mm length that that is considered to be the best or are there actually demarcations (anything over xxmm is a long midface etc).

CK

• Private
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2013, 11:31:57 PM »
While we are on the subject of midface length - has anybody ever actually heard what the ideal midface length is. Is there a mm length that that is considered to be the best or are there actually demarcations (anything over xxmm is a long midface etc).

there is no *ideal* length because the most important variable is how the midface - or any trait - syncs with the rest of the face. just like a square jaw isn't always ideal.

gere is such a great example but his midface is enormous but it works for him. when talking about elongated midfaces it's a more specific reference to abnormally long midfaces most likely growth-related. a naturally long midface can look fine

Moon Pix 1985

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2013, 11:40:56 PM »
drugs ruined her appearance.

she was super hot before all the booze and drugs

Here here. Amy was gorgeous before all of the drugs long midface or no long midface. Anyway isnt she jewish? Im sure that long midfaces come with the territory with jewish genes.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2013, 11:49:39 PM »

let's worship richard gere's beauty some more

[attachment deleted by admin]

CK

• Private
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »

can you imagine if he had experienced even a few mm of vertical growth? it would ruin everything

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2013, 11:55:29 PM »
can you imagine if he had experienced even a few mm of vertical growth? it would ruin everything

yeah it's true. i guess that's why beauty is so incredibly rare. i mean there's the few mm as you say, but also everything else, the short philtrum, the perfectly spaced, hooded eyes. great skin tone and incredible hair, ridiculously full cheekbones and under eye area. i mean he looks better than most male models even. he even has quite strong nose, but the overall gestalt just works. i don't think any of us can realistically hope to attain richard gere level beauty regardless of what surgery is out there.

CK

• Private
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 12:12:52 AM »
yeah it's true. i guess that's why beauty is so incredibly rare. i mean there's the few mm as you say, but also everything else, the short philtrum, the perfectly spaced, hooded eyes. great skin tone and incredible hair, ridiculously full cheekbones and under eye area. i mean he looks better than most male models even. he even has quite strong nose, but the overall gestalt just works. i don't think any of us can realistically hope to attain richard gere level beauty regardless of what surgery is out there.

any kind of vertical growth, especially with the upper jaw, will undermine his other features - lengthen the philtrum definitely. the rest of his features might not synch as well and wouldnt appear as positive as they do now.

no surgery is a substitute for just natural genes

Heavyweight

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:52 AM »
for Lazlo

This is a huge improvement. I think he looks much more handsome and athletic with a shorter midface. I've noticed that long midfaces are rare among athletes, possibly because short midfaces go along with good genes.

x

• Private
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2013, 12:34:16 AM »
Kobe Bryant

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2013, 03:21:34 AM »

God, he was really something wasn't he, him and Cindy Crawford made such a hot couple.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2013, 03:25:10 AM »
Michael Phelps has a loooong midface and what looks like class III.

pekay

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
Chopsticks > Spoons

CK

• Private
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2013, 06:28:12 PM »

imo the longer someone's midface the more important their features factor into their overall aesthetic. someone with a relatively compact/normal midface can get away with poorer features and still be attractive.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 07:54:18 PM »

interesting, he does look better in this morph. I think partly because you've made him more youthful by taking away the slightly herniated(sagging) cheek area.  but the difference isn't HUGE. he's attractive in both.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »
Better before.... Girls opinion