Author Topic: would I benefit from jaw surgery?  (Read 2670 times)

thalassocrat

would I benefit from jaw surgery?
« on: April 04, 2016, 11:36:17 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/gCj8Y

Would the aesthetic gains I could achieve be worth the effort and money?

If so would someone do a quick basic morph of my profile?

What kind of bite/jaw problems do I seem to have from these pictures?

Thank you to anyone who replies.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: would I benefit from jaw surgery?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 12:30:38 AM »
f**k dude you're pretty good looking as it is.

kind of breaks my heart that so many really young people have these issues with their looks and they're gonna waste all their precious time when they should be loving and confident and having fun relationships and f**king each others' brains out and instead they're on these forums when they really don't have any problems. i'm not saying some of us don't have real issues, but f**k, you're good looking dude. you don't need jaw surgery.

thinkingme

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 02:47:45 AM »
Ur lower jaw is back but ur chin is great to camouflage it. I dont think u need surgery and no surgeon could go surgery with u.

thalassocrat

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 07:49:35 AM »
Thanks for the complement, but I don't think whether or not I'm good looking is relevant to the question. Whether I'm good looking or not, I obviously don't have ideal bone structure, and I'm asking if it would be possible to improve.

My nasolabial angle is wide, my philtrum area has a curve to it in profile, and my nose hooks down when I smile. Those things are caused by a deep nasal base, right?

I just want an objective assessment of my jaw in isolation, disregarding what I look like over all.

SJay

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 08:44:04 AM »
Objectively, the lower lip sits behind the upper, suggesting that the lower jaw is slightly recessed. Depending upon the bite, you could advance just the lower jaw or both. Alternatively, you could just bring the chin forward with a sliding genioplasty. If you bring the upper jaw forward, the tip of the nose will likely lift and the fontal base will widen. If you really want to improve your look, you could possibly benefit from bringing the chin forward, lifting the nasal tip and deprojecting slightly. Here's a quick morph, I just brought the chin forward, lifted and deprojected the tip of the nose. I haven't touch the upper jaw. If you do decide to do a rhino, be very careful who you choose, and make sure it is conservative, nothing too feminine as you won't like it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

thalassocrat

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 09:12:45 AM »
Here's a morph based on my idea of what upper and lower jaw advancement + rhino could achieve. Maybe I should have started the thread with this.

I moved the entire mouth area forward, making the nasolabial angle less obtuse, added chin projection, made the submental area tighter, and slightly deprojected the nose.

Am I off base in any way?

http://imgur.com/Jz2cEnu

Vic

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
Your morph shows that you just want a geniopasty and nose reduction

thalassocrat

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 10:29:33 AM »

But what about the nasolabial angle?

Do I not have a deep nasal base?

SJay

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »
The nasolabial angle, the angle between the lip and nasal tip, should be 90-100 degrees for a male, 100-110 degrees for a woman. Yours isn't too wide (too large), if anything your tip is on the low side and the angle should be increased by lifting the tip.

SJay

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 10:38:04 AM »
To be honest, it's actually impossible to tell from the images as it's very sensitive to head position and camera angle. It looks like your head is tilted down and the photo is taken from below, so it's hard to tell.

thalassocrat

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 11:34:47 AM »
The nasolabial angle, the angle between the lip and nasal tip, should be 90-100 degrees for a male, 100-110 degrees for a woman. Yours isn't too wide (too large), if anything your tip is on the low side and the angle should be increased by lifting the tip.

Ok, I see. The degree measure of the nasolabial angle is fine. What I'm stuck on is the fact that the angle is rounded rather than sharp. Intuitively, it seems to me that the cause for the curved angle is that the point at which the soft tissue of the philtrum meets the soft tissue of the nose is a centimeter or so more forward than the maxilla. The nose is pulling tissue forward. My uninformed theory is that the nose grew somewhat independently of my bone structure as if I was having more appropriate forward growth. The base of the soft tissue of the nose represents something closer to where my maxilla genetically ought to be.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:47:09 AM by thalassocrat »

Tezcatli

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »
Objectively, the lower lip sits behind the upper, suggesting that the lower jaw is slightly recessed. Depending upon the bite, you could advance just the lower jaw or both. Alternatively, you could just bring the chin forward with a sliding genioplasty. If you bring the upper jaw forward, the tip of the nose will likely lift and the fontal base will widen. If you really want to improve your look, you could possibly benefit from bringing the chin forward, lifting the nasal tip and deprojecting slightly. Here's a quick morph, I just brought the chin forward, lifted and deprojected the tip of the nose. I haven't touch the upper jaw. If you do decide to do a rhino, be very careful who you choose, and make sure it is conservative, nothing too feminine as you won't like it.

I'm pretty sure the upper lip is supposed to be in front of the lower lip.
https://i.mdel.net/mdx/i/2011/09/MG_8445-copy.jpg

All books say the same

OP looks fine, but we need to see his bite

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 06:48:47 PM »

nose reduction!!!??? lol thta dude has the most tiny nose, in fact it's too small

listen OP you look like a little fart cause it's your personality speaking through those pictures.

and the morph makes you look like a twat. just quit this forum.

thalassocrat

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 07:19:52 PM »
nose reduction!!!??? lol thta dude has the most tiny nose, in fact it's too small

listen OP you look like a little fart cause it's your personality speaking through those pictures.

and the morph makes you look like a twat. just quit this forum.

:'(

thalassocrat

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 09:20:15 PM »
I found a guy who had a similar profile to mine (a little more extreme and without the camouflage chin) who just got rhino and genio. It looks like they removed some of the tissue being pulled forward like I described and possibly used a filler to bring his upper lip area forward to correct the nasolabial angle issue.

The question is would he have gotten a better result with jaw surgery.