Rico

[del]
« on: April 24, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »
[del]

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:02:19 AM by Rico »

thinkingme

Re: *** My postop photos - I need your opinion
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »
bro to be honest there is no bad thing in ur photos. But u are in depression i can see. U just look sad. Not bad or different u look sad only.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »
i think you look great

but yeah you have depression.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »
the 3rd photo in the series is the worst looking. the cheek in 3/4 profile is flat. the 1st and 2nd both have pretty equal projection.

kjohnt

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 12:04:44 AM »
the 3rd photo in the series is the worst looking. the cheek in 3/4 profile is flat. the 1st and 2nd both have pretty equal projection.
this

JayJaw

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 05:14:55 AM »
The first and third photo look identical aside from cheek flatness. Almost as if one has been photo shopped.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 09:40:30 AM »
To me something looks off and it is not the eye. The bottom jaw looks too projected. It still looks good but it's obvious overcorrection.
He did not have jaw surgery.  The lower jaw is fine. The maxilla is slightly recessed. Rico probably has a naturally compensated class III maloclussion,but not an obvious underbite.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 12:00:04 PM »
And when I have a splint in my mouth I look normal.  Millimetres matter.

buzzhead

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 01:16:11 PM »
I know that you are not going to care that I really do think that you look fine.  BUT you really, really do!  No ones face is perfectly symmetrical.  I know that BDD has been talked to death on here.  I think that BDD can be a by product of this whole facial reconstruction thing that we are all on here for and we are over analyzing ourselves with microscopes.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »
im not really sure what you want from the people on this forum. i don't mean this to be degrading but your english is very hard to understand and this is only made more difficult by the complicated questions you ask on tiny anatomy and biomechanics (which most of us have made clear we don't have the answers to). the symmetrical cheeks look better. thats just that. not to mention you are getting more soft tissue support than if the cheek were made flat in surgery. so the photo you have doctored to make the cheek flat isn't really accurate because you are getting the lift of the soft tissue that you wouldnt be if it had been advanced less. you really need to relax and stop turning every single thread into your own personal panicked sob story. I'm sorry you feel you chose the wrong surgeon and that you are having functional issues but maybe your surgeon would have caught whatever you just discovered this week to be going on earlier if you hadn't been so neurotic. i know that dr. sinn turned you down because you were being too pushy. you should try to avoid that behavior as you pursue another surgeon. and please try to respect this forum a bit more. again, i am sorry if you are truly having pain and function issues but at this point you seem so weak in the mind that it is hard to even believe that this is totally true.

kjohnt

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 11:45:20 PM »
im not really sure what you want from the people on this forum. i don't mean this to be degrading but your english is very hard to understand and this is only made more difficult by the complicated questions you ask on tiny anatomy and biomechanics (which most of us have made clear we don't have the answers to). the symmetrical cheeks look better. thats just that. not to mention you are getting more soft tissue support than if the cheek were made flat in surgery. so the photo you have doctored to make the cheek flat isn't really accurate because you are getting the lift of the soft tissue that you wouldnt be if it had been advanced less. you really need to relax and stop turning every single thread into your own personal panicked sob story. I'm sorry you feel you chose the wrong surgeon and that you are having functional issues but maybe your surgeon would have caught whatever you just discovered this week to be going on earlier if you hadn't been so neurotic. i know that dr. sinn turned you down because you were being too pushy. you should try to avoid that behavior as you pursue another surgeon. and please try to respect this forum a bit more. again, i am sorry if you are truly having pain and function issues but at this point you seem so weak in the mind that it is hard to even believe that this is totally true.

this too

kjohnt

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 11:58:12 PM »
Rico, look man, I feel bad for you because I know whatever you have mentally I have it too, but yours has got to be about 10,000x worse.  You need to either stop smoking weed or start ASAP.

It doesn't make sense that you add a photoshopped photo which obviously makes you look asymmetrical and worse than your actual picture and then say that's what you want/prefer and people don't understand.  Except for the people don't understand part - that's true.

When I first saw your pictures, I thought exactly what Isabella saw but couldn't recognise and what Plosko clarified - that maybe your maxilla was slightly recessed.  I hope that doesn't make you worry about your maxilla; rather, I hope that helps you not to worry about your cheeks.  Aesthetically they're good.  If you have functional problems as you've said before and if they hinder your everyday life due to pain, then I wish you the very best in correcting it.  If you're hung up psychologically due to looking different, please find a way past it, because you don;t want to be asymmetrical and you don't need to f**k with your cheeks again for aesthetic reasons.