Author Topic: Why are there no before/after photos of lefort 2s?  (Read 5489 times)

Wheatsnax

Why are there no before/after photos of lefort 2s?
« on: May 04, 2016, 04:50:43 AM »
I'm legit deformed and exploring my options. I can't anything on lefort 2s.

earl25

Re: Why are there no before/after photos of lefort 2s?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »
Its rarely performed on non syndrome cases. most docs will toss you out of the office for just mentioning it

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »
Its rarely performed on non syndrome cases. most docs will toss you out of the office for just mentioning it

Yo Earl I emailed you with some pics. Please let me know what you think!

Wheatsnax

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »

I've got stickler syndrome though. Not many established maxfacs where I am from so I am seeking information. I'm getting my imaging done next week.

This is all I can find:

le fort 1 + bsso with rotations, I'm not sure what to think about the outcome. The eye area is still very poor.

And then there is this photo circulating on the boards

Modified lefort ii (?) or something I presume. Her face, especially the nasal bridge in the before seems to fit the stickler phenotype although not mentioned.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 03:38:45 PM »
I'm legit deformed and exploring my options. I can't anything on lefort 2s.
Eugene  Keller's papers.

Wheatsnax

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 05:33:55 PM »
Thanks man

mike888miller

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 09:12:57 AM »
where can these papers be found?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 12:45:58 PM »
where can these papers be found?
i uploaded them all here on the boards, probably in threads related to keller and these topics.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 04:40:12 PM »

lol toss you out of the office for even mentioning it  lololol   ;D ;D ;D
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

mike888miller

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 09:12:21 AM »
Arnett used to have a page on his webstite where he made the case against a high LF cut line, i think his Point was that he practically always Needs to rotate the max, which is not possible with lf 3.

i have been told that i do not require Rotation, for that reason i am looking into either high lf 1 or lf 3. is there any info in These texts on how much max sagital projection one can gain via a lf 3? with the Standard lf, it seems that 12mm ish is the max. i have an endge on edge resting Position, and a class 1 bite, so i Need to maximise the max advancement as i Need a lot of pog Avancement, and do not want to go above 10mm with the gne as my face is not very wide.

Wheatsnax

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 08:57:49 AM »
I'd love to read that paper. I was offered a "high lefort with CCW rotation" + minimum 5mm bone grafting on the malar area. Never heard of a rotating high cut before, I wonder what are the aesthetic implications?

Seeing a HK surgeon soon about a mod lf3/lf1 though after reading his papers and calling the clinic. Seems like this would address my orbital/midface maybe nasal issues at the root without the need for grafting. I can isolate the rotation to the maxilla level that way (not sure about the harmony between the lf3/lf1 level though).

What do you guys think of the guy I posted?

mike888miller: from the mod lf3 paper I'm reading, 6-10mm, taking into account nasal aesthetics and because further advancement at the lf1 level which might overstretch some palatal arteries
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:13:12 AM by Wheatsnax »