Author Topic: Ongoing breathing difficulty - Is my jaw to blame? (Ceph analysis please!)  (Read 856 times)

DaxterSA

For a long time I have had trouble breathing both through my nose and mouth, a Forward Head Posture, low oxygen saturations if I don't put effort into breathing and disturbed sleep gagging. Crooked teeth and reflux too, only age 25.  Sadly I face the prospect of being put under section for an anxiety condition despite sedatives (8 of them in 4 years!) making me worse, and despite family history of similar problems. Including jaw and breathing issues.

I mouth breathed a lot as a child, and I can't help but wonder if what I thought was normal back then has doomed me now? I need some opinions on my Ceph please. PLEASE NOTE it was taken in a forward head posture while symptomless. Do you think my jaw is deformed? Is it deformed to a degree it would affect my breathing as badly as it does? Is it possible to have a jaw like this and not have breathing affected? Finally, where in south-west UK can I possibly go to get this fixed?

Thank you!

https://s31.postimg.org/e0s3im1wr/image.jpg

EDIT: Question on my mind. Can a FHP cause a receeding jaw, or is it always vice versa?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:37:22 PM by DaxterSA »

Vic

Get a consultation with Paul Johnson in Guildford 01483 570 624

needadvancement

Not an expert but your airway looks solid.