Author Topic: Results from chin wing surgeries  (Read 22232 times)

UnderMunch

Re: Results from chin wing surgeries
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 10:20:36 AM »
Make that two people who need to know this, I'm going to see Zarrinbal too.

Cool. We are then on the same journey in some sense, that's nice.

Did you actually go through with booking your appointment, or are you still in the planning phase? Dr. Z never made it clear if I can make the appointment via email or have to call his office. Do you know by chance?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 11:55:54 AM »
Probably half a dozen surgeons in Germany and Switzerland do them. AFAIK, all trained by Triaca.  Another 1 or 2 in the United States.  It's just genioplasty.  Triaca did not invent them, as much as rediscovered and popularised them again.  He told me that an American surgeon did something similar in the 60s, but because it was done before cone beam CTs, they would wreck the mandibular nerve, so it was abandoned.

yeah why the hell did Sinn say he initially did them, when he dfinitely doesn't. In my consult I showed him pics of them and he was like no that'll wreck the mandibular nerve. Also, he seemed all about doing surgeries the patient wants whether their good or bad for them. So like unlike Gunson and Arnett or Wolford, he'll just do whatever the patient wants --xcept patients don't usually understand a 10th of what's happening to them.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:54:40 PM by GJ »

BlueShark7

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 02:33:15 AM »
How open/ comfortable is Dr. Z with operating on overseas patients?

Vic

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 05:12:24 AM »
Thanks, Vic. I'm very happy to hear that. I already had a good impression of him from what I read on this forum, so this is just further reassurance that he's a good choice. He's also been very friendly to me in his email replies, and even wrote back to me once to let med know that there was a change in available consultation dates.

And yes, I already talked to StupidJaws and saw his amazing results. He just didn't tell me that his results were from Dr. Z or exactly what he had done. But lets not discuss that here without his consent.

Quick question: Did you bring a photo morph to Dr. Z of what you want, or did you just work it out with him in the office? I guess it makes more sense to discuss these things when you have the 3D ct skull scan? I'm just asking since I know most doctors don't give each patient a lot of time during the initial consultation, and I would like to be prepared when I visit his office.

I didn't take a morph, but I took at 3D model of my skull with me and we planned the surgery there and then off the model

Vic

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 05:15:00 AM »
How open/ comfortable is Dr. Z with operating on overseas patients?

He does them all the time. Whether you're overseas or not, is not going to change the way he operates on you. He speaks really good english

LeFort 3000

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 10:32:19 AM »
I didn't take a morph, but I took at 3D model of my skull with me and we planned the surgery there and then off the model
you mean an actual real 3d model? or the 3d-CT scan?
also can you tell me how many consultations there are until the surgery? is it first consultation-planning consultation-surgery or another consultation inbetween (i cant imagine more than 3)?

UnderMunch

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »
also can you tell me how many consultations there are until the surgery? is it first consultation-planning consultation-surgery or another consultation inbetween (i cant imagine more than 3)?

Dr. Z calls it a 3D X-ray and you have to get it done at another clinic that specializes in dental X-rays. They are called Mesantis http://www.mesantis-berlin.de

I guess the Mesantis office is fairly close to Zarrinbal's office, so one could probably schedule to visit Mesantis in the morning and the go to Dr. Z around lunch time. That's at least what he suggested to me.

The 3D X-ray costs 160€ according to Zarrinbal.

Vic

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 11:05:36 AM »

An actual 3D model, exactly the same size as my skull and you can remove the mandible from it. I only had two phone consultations, then went over to have a consultation in person then had a new phone consultation after. I will have another consultation the day before the surgery as well 

LeFort 3000

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 12:13:59 PM »
An actual 3D model, exactly the same size as my skull and you can remove the mandible from it. I only had two phone consultations, then went over to have a consultation in person then had a new phone consultation after. I will have another consultation the day before the surgery as well
what the f**k? where did you get and actual 3d model from your skull lol  ;D ;D
okay thanks...so its two consultations in person than surgery...good to know

btw mesantis is close to berlin main station and the scan costs 250€ not 160€.

UnderMunch

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2016, 12:54:19 PM »

Why would you need an actual 3D model of your skull, or is that just what they gave you? Did the people at Mesantis create this skull for you, or another office?

Vic

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 12:57:53 PM »
Why would you need an actual 3D model of your skull, or is that just what they gave you? Did the people at Mesantis create this skull for you, or another office?

I got it done in London then brought it with me. It allowed us to see my exact bone structure and what I wanted to change. It's really useful because you can see the exact size and position of your cheekbones, so Dr Z spoke to me about the cheekbone surgery he also performs.

UnderMunch

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »
I got it done in London then brought it with me. It allowed us to see my exact bone structure and what I wanted to change. It's really useful because you can see the exact size and position of your cheekbones, so Dr Z spoke to me about the cheekbone surgery he also performs.

Okay, makes sense, I guess.

Is Dr. Z's cheekbone surgery any good, like, have you seen good results on other patients?

Vic

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 01:19:27 PM »
Okay, makes sense, I guess.

Is Dr. Z's cheekbone surgery any good, like, have you seen good results on other patients?

Yea, some decent results in the before and after pics he showed me

PloskoPlus

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2016, 01:32:57 PM »
Yea, some decent results in the before and after pics he showed me
Were they mostly female?

Vic

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2016, 02:21:40 PM »