Author Topic: Results from chin wing surgeries  (Read 24329 times)

UnderMunch

Results from chin wing surgeries
« on: July 25, 2016, 09:49:35 AM »
Hi guys

I am looking for some decent photos of the results that can be obtained from chin wing and chin shield surgeries. If any of you have any that you are willing to share either in this thread or in a pm, I would appreciate it greatly. It does not matter to me if eyes, mouth or other parts of the face are blurred out, or if the surgery has been performed in conjunction with other surgeries.

If you don't have any photos yourself, but know of another thread or an active user who has some, then that would of course also be equally great.

I find a lot of literature and photos presented by doctors, but not a lot of photos from chin wing and chin shield procedures.

Thank you for reading!

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Re: Results from chin wing surgeries
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:30:26 PM »
I can send you pics

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:26:27 PM »
I can send you pics
Did you have cheekbone work done?  If so what kind?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

LeFort 3000

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 04:34:39 AM »

UnderMunch

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 07:19:47 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/n27vM

Thanks.

I already saw this compilation of photos before, but I can't really ask the patients anything.

But thanks anyway!

LeFort 3000

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »
Thanks.

I already saw this compilation of photos before, but I can't really ask the patients anything.

But thanks anyway!
i know lol. Ive been researching chin-wing pretty much for years now and ive only seen so few clear results (only chin-wing without double jaw). There are only so many before/after on public display, so thats why i finally booked my consultation with dr Z.
Anyway of course i would also greatly appreciate if anyone who has done this procedure would come forward and show his results to those who also consider it!
but except from stupidjaws not many here have done it, are still active or are willing to show it...

what ive found is this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV5k15-6sTE
where at ~1:00 the x-ray of a girl is shown who had a chin-wing. because in the video they move the 3d-scan around, it helped me understand a bit better what kind of horizontal/vertical projection is possible with the surgery

another one is this xray of a guy who had a chin-wing+double jaw. again you can see what is possible
http://i.imgur.com/B2E2RMB.jpg

apart from that you've probably seen it all already too
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:54:50 PM by LeFort 3000 »

Vic

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »
Can't see anything on that zoomed in image

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 01:59:15 PM »
yeah why are there so few before and after chin wings?

LeFort 3000

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »
yeah why are there so few before and after chin wings?
basically only triaca/brusco and zarrinbal do it. and zarrinbal is forbidden to show the results on his website by german law.
also i guess people are so happy with the results, they never bother to go back to forums and post anymore. if they wouldnt be happy, we would have alot more people complaining about it online. triaca and zarrinbal claim they've done a few hundred of these surgerys already...

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
As of 12 months ago, triaca had done over 900.

UnderMunch

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 01:21:20 AM »
As of 12 months ago, triaca had done over 900.

900 chin wing/chin shield procedures? That's amazing considering that I can count the amount of b/a I've seen on two or maybe even just one hand. But I guess that's a result of having only 2-3 doctors actually doing the surgery worldwide.

I seem to have read somewhere here on the forums that Dr. Zarrinbal presents his potential patients with a bunch of b/a photos when they pay him a visit for initial consultation: can someone either confirm or deny the truth of this observation?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 02:43:39 AM »
900 chin wing/chin shield procedures? That's amazing considering that I can count the amount of b/a I've seen on two or maybe even just one hand. But I guess that's a result of having only 2-3 doctors actually doing the surgery worldwide.
Probably half a dozen surgeons in Germany and Switzerland do them. AFAIK, all trained by Triaca.  Another 1 or 2 in the United States.  It's just genioplasty on steroids.  Triaca did not invent them, as much as rediscovered and popularised them again.  He told me that an American surgeon did something similar in the 60s, but because it was done before cone beam CTs, they would wreck the mandibular nerve, so it was abandoned.

UnderMunch

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 05:47:18 AM »
That's true. He'll show you a bunch of photos from cases that relate to yours.

Have you had surgery with Zarrinbal, or just a consultation? Were you impressed with the photos he presented, or not so much?

Vic

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »
Dr Z's results are amazing, when you have a consultation with him, he'll show you a wide range from people who have had the same surgery. Speak to Stupid Jaws who's had surgery with him. I'm having surgery with him in September. The good thing about Dr Z is that  because of his wide range of skills and innovative techniques, he can pretty much exaggerate the movements as much as you want and in different directions where by a lot of surgeons have a level they feel comfortable at and won't go any further because they're still using the same techniques from decades ago and can't do any different

UnderMunch

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 09:57:07 AM »
Dr Z's results are amazing, when you have a consultation with him, he'll show you a wide range from people who have had the same surgery. Speak to Stupid Jaws who's had surgery with him. I'm having surgery with him in September. The good thing about Dr Z is that  because of his wide range of skills and innovative techniques, he can pretty much exaggerate the movements as much as you want and in different directions where by a lot of surgeons have a level they feel comfortable at and won't go any further because they're still using the same techniques from decades ago and can't do any different

Thanks, Vic. I'm very happy to hear that. I already had a good impression of him from what I read on this forum, so this is just further reassurance that he's a good choice. He's also been very friendly to me in his email replies, and even wrote back to me once to let med know that there was a change in available consultation dates.

And yes, I already talked to StupidJaws and saw his amazing results. He just didn't tell me that his results were from Dr. Z or exactly what he had done. But lets not discuss that here without his consent.

Quick question: Did you bring a photo morph to Dr. Z of what you want, or did you just work it out with him in the office? I guess it makes more sense to discuss these things when you have the 3D ct skull scan? I'm just asking since I know most doctors don't give each patient a lot of time during the initial consultation, and I would like to be prepared when I visit his office.