Author Topic: Results from chin wing surgeries  (Read 22226 times)

Vic

Re: Results from chin wing surgeries
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2016, 02:01:39 AM »
yes we certain we will. but lets not forget what brought us this big prominent chin in the first place.
sure chin-wing is more prone to asymmetry and other problems than genio. but some people need the chin-wing. if they didnt need it they would go with a genio. now those people who need or want a chin-wing, they can still decide if they rather fix the problems theyve got and accept certain problems which might occur or if they rather dont change anything at all.
im always pro-change personally. i will very soon have my consult with dr Z...and if the cw is possible, i will book my surgery. i would hate to have any kind of asymmetry or pain problems or whatever...but i guess i hate it more to run around with a retruded chin and therefore too protruded nose.

of course we can still debate if the chin-wing is really the best option compared to double jaw/custom wraparound implant/genio.
but for some people double jaw is simply not in reach and genio creates its own problems too. an implant has its own problems also. so whats the lesser of all evils? whats has the best result/risk/cost-ratio? i dont know...

There's not debate between chin wing and custom implants. Chin Wing is 10 times better. Implants will just give you a rounded face and f**k with your soft tissue

BlueShark7

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2016, 03:03:02 AM »
What are the chances of the nerve being in the way? Is it relatively rare or common? I suppose there's no way around it if the nerve hangs low..?

baldguy83

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2016, 03:59:59 AM »
Well, my face turned out to be far more asymmetric, which I had to have corrected with a genioplasty. I'm not going to post pictures though.

What are the chances of the nerve being in the way? Is it relatively rare or common? I suppose there's no way around it if the nerve hangs low..?

That would be quite rare indeed.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2016, 11:36:46 PM »
let's make some real talk:
Chin wing, to me, has been a LIFE SAVING procedure. It was my LAST RESORT and i'm not joking, i was ready to launch my subhuman pea sized face & me out of the window if it didn't work.
IT DID.

Sure, i was asymmetric before (though it was less noticeable because my jaw was pea sized) and yeah, i stayed a bit asymmetric.
My chin was asymmetric too!

Guess what???

I got another chin wing. Results after the second chin wing were close to perfect. I got fillers on top by a wonderful doc. for bony contours (not sure if he is AS good to fill for other s**t as i believe each doctor is good in something, but i will try shortly some fillers with him in my under eye area, at least some more than last time where i mainly focused in my jaw/chin) and the results where not close to, but just perfect. 100% what i wanted since the beginning of this motherf**king journey that lasted 1020120 decades. 4 world wars occured in this period.

Manteinance requires repeating these fillers 2 or 3 times per year. I am 4 month post fillers and results are holding at 80%. I'll repeat the fillers in 1 month, at the 5 month mark....

marcus3415

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2016, 07:40:50 AM »
StupidJaws where did you get fillers? I'm thinking of tear trough fillers. I have a strong chin after DJS & genio but midface lacks. Also bags under my eyes are bad

ITALIA

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2016, 04:16:48 PM »
I had bone grafted on top of my cheekbones by dr. Van der Dussen, alongside a malar fat pad resuspension. This to address the under-eye hollowing and general flat midface. In the same surgery he also performed a genioplasty since dr. Z's chin wing ultimately made my chin too long and asymmetric. Looks good so far, but I'm only 2,5 weeks post-op, so there's still swelling.

I remember  your posts from the other forum.   I spoke to Dr van der dussen last yr...for some reason he doesn't  want to operate  on me. He says " he doesn't  believe he can make me happy"??    This is after making all these suggestions  for what he could do for me and that I should  wait six months before seeing him again.
So I take it he harvested your bone for the cheek graft, was this just for anterior projection or lateral? Also with the fat pad re suspension, does he add volume  in addition  or does  he do something else for anterior projection?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2016, 08:52:23 PM »
I had bone grafted on top of my cheekbones by dr. Van der Dussen, alongside a malar fat pad resuspension. This to address the under-eye hollowing and general flat midface. In the same surgery he also performed a genioplasty since dr. Z's chin wing ultimately made my chin too long and asymmetric. Looks good so far, but I'm only 2,5 weeks post-op, so there's still swelling.

I had the rhino done by dr. De Jong here in the Netherlands. It's an improvement, but it needs some further fine-tuning. I will see him later this month.

this sounds like a really interesting procedure. i want high projecting cheekbones. do you think this procedure would help?

Pipilika

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2020, 04:05:30 AM »
i ve found out also at the ortognatica roma{dr. Ramieri ) also the chin wings procedures are performed.
Have somebody undergone surgery there?