Author Topic: What do I need?  (Read 1451 times)

slidinggenio

What do I need?
« on: August 03, 2016, 08:35:48 PM »
https://gyazo.com/d8fd8d3b245d37d305ed9d1b53d7a337
Bites not bad slight overbite where dentist suggest a possibility of taking out teeth from upper and lower (i think) and push my teeth back, but said it wasn't worth it.

PloskoPlus

Re: What do I need?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:39:47 PM »
https://gyazo.com/d8fd8d3b245d37d305ed9d1b53d7a337
Bites not bad slight overbite where dentist suggest a possibility of taking out teeth from upper and lower (i think) and push my teeth back, but said it wasn't worth it.
Do you struggle to keep your lips together? Do you show much gum when smiling?

slidinggenio

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 08:40:40 PM »
Do you struggle to keep your lips together? Do you show much gum when smiling?

No lip strain and yes I do have a kind of a gummy smile.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 08:49:03 PM »
No lip strain and yes I do have a kind of a gummy smile.
Your jaw looks kind of steep. So double jaw surgery with impaction of the upper jaw. Maybe a small genioplasty as well.

slidinggenio

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 08:53:44 PM »
Your jaw looks kind of steep. So double jaw surgery with impaction of the upper jaw. Maybe a small genioplasty as well.

That's what I was thinking. Impaction would cause the mandible to swing up, right? Bring the maxilla slightly forward and mandible considerably more. It would look good in my opinion.

Since my bite is not bad I doubt I can take the public route which is a shame. This would cost like 25k AUD I'm guessing.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 09:26:27 PM »
That's what I was thinking. Impaction would cause the mandible to swing up, right? Bring the maxilla slightly forward and mandible considerably more. It would look good in my opinion.

Since my bite is not bad I doubt I can take the public route which is a shame. This would cost like 25k AUD I'm guessing.
Do you have private health insurance? It only pays for the hospital and a bit of the surgeons fees, but the hospital fees are astronomical.
Ortho can give your a 30 month payment plan. Get a good one and use the plan option even if you can afford to pay outright - it keeps them on their toes.
Surgery in Australia can be less than 10k.

slidinggenio

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 09:40:35 PM »
Do you have private health insurance? It only pays for the hospital and a bit of the surgeons fees, but the hospital fees are astronomical.
Ortho can give your a 30 month payment plan. Get a good one and use the plan option even if you can afford to pay outright - it keeps them on their toes.
Surgery in Australia can be less than 10k.

No, I don't have private health insurance.
To go about jaw surgery do I have to go see an orthodontist before a surgeon? And can't a professional deny you from having surgery based off his own judgements.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »
No, I don't have private health insurance.
To go about jaw surgery do I have to go see an orthodontist before a surgeon? And can't a professional deny you from having surgery based off his own judgements.
A good surgeon will know a good orthodontist.

slidinggenio

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 10:06:56 PM »
A good surgeon will know a good orthodontist.

Oh so go to from surgeon to orthodontist. What exactly is the purpoose of the orthadonist? Braces and xrays?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 10:25:51 PM »
Oh so go to from surgeon to orthodontist. What exactly is the purpoose of the orthadonist? Braces and xrays?
Yes. But the surgeon may order xrays himself.