Author Topic: WOULD ARNETT AND GUNSON DO HA GRAFTING ONLY??  (Read 2245 times)

Lazlo

• Private
WOULD ARNETT AND GUNSON DO HA GRAFTING ONLY??
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »
Guys, do you think Arnett and GUnson would offer to do HA grafts on you if you had gone to another surgeon and needed or wanted some augmentation and since they're experts in it you could get it from them? I seem to vaguley remember them offering this to someone. But I can't remember. Maybe it's a waste of their much wanted surgical time so they'd refuse but it would be a nice way for them to offer up a cool service to A LOT of people.

meepmeepmeep

Re: WOULD ARNETT AND GUNSON DO HA GRAFTING ONLY??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »
the thing with AG is that i'm pretty sure you'd have to be admitted to the hospital no matter how small the procedure. even with genioplasty i think they have you stay in the hospital overnight. thats one thing that makes dr sinn an attractive choice, in office procedures.

where else do you want HA?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 01:01:11 PM »
the thing with AG is that i'm pretty sure you'd have to be admitted to the hospital no matter how small the procedure. even with genioplasty i think they have you stay in the hospital overnight. thats one thing that makes dr sinn an attractive choice, in office procedures.

where else do you want HA?

OH i mean for cheekbones, orbital rims and malar I know A&G offer ha grafts for those areas (even though they may not do an osteotomy) since it was on my plan. And I was wondering if i had osteotomy done with Dr. Sinn, let that heal and then god HA grafts several months later and wanted to get them with A&G just cause they're probably the world's experts in how to manipulate and use it and continue shaping it for weeks post-surgery. In theory, would they JUST DO HA GRAFTS FOR A PATIENT?

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
i would say probably yes.

another thing, the way dr sinn uses HA for orbital rims/brow bone/glabella is through small incisions he makes on the face. we discussed this. he was going to make small incisions maybe a few mm long each in my eyebrows and on in the very center of my forehead in a preexisting wrinkle to augment my glabella and brow bone. he uses a syringe and "squirts" it in then shapes it from the outside. dr gunson uses it in a very different way where it is already formed. so for the malar and cheekbone (i assume you mean zygomatic arch) area an incision in the mouth would be fine. but for the orbital rims, brow bone, forehead he would need to make a fairly large incision to fit in the molded HA graft. i guess these could be in the hairline.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 01:22:49 PM »
actually, i should mention that the zygomatic arch may require an incision somewhere other than the mouth as well. ive been told that its a very difficult area to reach through an oral incision by multiple surgeons.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 01:57:17 PM »
i would say probably yes.

another thing, the way dr sinn uses HA for orbital rims/brow bone/glabella is through small incisions he makes on the face. we discussed this. he was going to make small incisions maybe a few mm long each in my eyebrows and on in the very center of my forehead in a preexisting wrinkle to augment my glabella and brow bone. he uses a syringe and "squirts" it in then shapes it from the outside. dr gunson uses it in a very different way where it is already formed. so for the malar and cheekbone (i assume you mean zygomatic arch) area an incision in the mouth would be fine. but for the orbital rims, brow bone, forehead he would need to make a fairly large incision to fit in the molded HA graft. i guess these could be in the hairline.

yeah okay this is all very very important info. Thanks meep.  I didn't actually know Sinn does outer incisions other than the one he makes on the side of the eyes to do the modified lefort 3. And maybe he doesn't if he's doing it in combination with the modified lefort 3. Anyone seen before and afters of these??

Okay and Dr. Gunson pre-molds???? I don't know what that would mean, does that mean it looks like an implant? Like let's say you want orbital rim HA grafts or augementation. Would Dr. Gunson preshape an implant like one of these and then adhere it to your bone What would he use to adhere it? Not screws then what?

This has sort of ended up confusing me more.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »
yeah okay this is all very very important info. Thanks meep.  I didn't actually know Sinn does outer incisions other than the one he makes on the side of the eyes to do the modified lefort 3. And maybe he doesn't if he's doing it in combination with the modified lefort 3. Anyone seen before and afters of these??

Okay and Dr. Gunson pre-molds???? I don't know what that would mean, does that mean it looks like an implant? Like let's say you want orbital rim HA grafts or augementation. Would Dr. Gunson preshape an implant like one of these and then adhere it to your bone What would he use to adhere it? Not screws then what?

This has sort of ended up confusing me more.....

even in combination with a modified lefort 3 dr sinn would make the incisions i mentioned to augment the orbital rims and forehead/glabella (if you wanted this) with HA. at least that was what he told me in november.

yes, exactly. dr gunson molds the HA into a form that basically looks like an implant. it is still pliable but firm enough to hold a particular shape when he places it. he showed me one fully set for the malar area in his office. it just looked like a little cheek implant made of coral or pumice like material, super light weight. but if he couldn't reach the area through the mouth, a significant incision would be required larger than the couple mm dr. sinn needs just to get the tip of the syringe filled with HA into.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:27:42 PM by meepmeepmeep »

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 03:24:43 PM »
in order to adhere it to the bone dr gunson makes a small "pocket" like they would with any implant and the same way dr sinn does. with dr sinn the HA is basically sticky thick goop so it adheres to the bone within the pocket and he molds it into shape from the outside. with dr gunson, he shapes the HA which is quite firm but pliable then just before he places it in the "pocket" he heats it up so it kind of adheres. heating it up in combination with the pocket holding it in place is enough to keep it where it needs to be until the bone starts to kind of grab onto it i guess.

all of this information im giving you may not be 100% correct or applicable to your case but i did hear all of this directly from either dr sinn or dr gunson.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 06:09:02 PM »
Wow all of this is really fascinating! Even if not 10O percent correct, wow surgery is just so fascinating eh?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 06:14:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure they will do grafting only, if it's needed to fix a legit problem.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 06:48:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure they will do grafting only, if it's needed to fix a legit problem.

well i mean is a cosmetic issue a "real problem" like let's just say i get the modified lefort 3 from Sinn, and then let it heal and then I'm like well i need more projection on this near the orbital rim. So I ask Gunson to do it and like you know pay him his rate etc. to do it, just cause he's so friggin experienced with the s**t. Do you think he'd do it?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 04:18:55 PM »
well i mean is a cosmetic issue a "real problem" like let's just say i get the modified lefort 3 from Sinn, and then let it heal and then I'm like well i need more projection on this near the orbital rim. So I ask Gunson to do it and like you know pay him his rate etc. to do it, just cause he's so friggin experienced with the s**t. Do you think he'd do it?

I'm not sure, but I think so, if he can see you have a real problem.

When I say "real problem" I mean something visible/real and clinically measurable. And yes, aesthetic issues are real problems under those circumstances.

Millimeters are miles on the face.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 11:42:58 PM »
i'd stick with sinn...his plan seems more solid