Author Topic: Advice needed - help!  (Read 2896 times)

Blue333

Advice needed - help!
« on: August 12, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »
Ok I'm putting these pics up here - and forgive me if they're horrifying.  I know I'm ugly...and these are super high-detailed taken at a dr's office so they show a lot of sins.

Anyway, I need help.  I'm 42 and tired of being ugly.  My life has *not* been an easy one, but I'll be damned if I give up now.  I'm trying to make it better, and I have...but I want to look better too. 

Anyway - my questions.  I have terrible jaw pain every day...I've learned to *deal* with it, but I don't want to anymore.  I had an MRI and my TMJ joint on my left side is pretty crushed...that was 5 years ago.  I grind my teeth horribly every night.  I feel tenseness in my jaw every day.  I have shoulder and neck pain, and lately...searing pain in my teeth when eating (which is strange)...but I'm not sure if that's not just sinus related. 

I saw an orthodontist a few months ago and he said I "tend" towards and underbite and slight crossbite.  But I think I could be a candidate for jaw surgery.  My brother had it done ~10 years ago for a slight underbite (I'm not a huge fan of his outcome but that's neither here nor there).

Anyway...because I've always hated my lower jaw and felt it made me look "too masculine" I had some chin surgery ~8 years ago...had the sides burred down.  The result was ok, but left me with some ptosis.

I was in a bad car accident ~20 years ago and slammed the right side of my face into the spot of the car to the side of the windshield...got nerve and some muscle damage, which might have contributed to this TMJ pain I have now...I'll probably never know.

I have consulted with plastic surgeons.  I know my nose is ugly and I'll fix it, but I want to know if you think i should get jaw surgery first, or would I be a candidate?  I think I need an upper lip lift too..AND Orbital Rim Implants...I'm actually getting a consult for undereye filler later today...but that's a temp. fix.  I had it about 8 years ago and it looked ok.

Sorry for my blabbing...my face is so ugly sometimes I don't know where to begin!  I've been living with this for 42 years and I'm just sick of it - and now I'm financially (finally) able to change it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 04:33:52 PM by Blue333 »

marcus3415

Re: Advice needed - help!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 09:28:43 AM »
If your TMJ is in bad shape, any good OMFAS will realize this will likely get worse with jaw surgery.

Do you wear a bespoke night guard to prevent grinding?

You are not ugly miss-- general symmetry is there. Sure we could all use some work but doesn't mean we should. Being pain free is more important

Blue333

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:02:35 AM »
Thanks Marcus for your reply.  I wear a "solid" nightguard...it's a very hard plastic because the doc said the semi-hard one wasn't good enough...that that actually still encouraged chewing in a sense.  The one I have now is almost like biting down on glass - what's a bespoke night guard?  You think jaw surgery would make the TMJ joint worse?  I thought it might help?

marcus3415

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:46:31 AM »
You should get a nightguard made for you by an oral surgeon or a dentist. They are pricey but worth it.

Surgery wont necessarily make it better. It is almost impossible to tell.

http://www.joms.org/article/S0278-2391(03)00106-X/abstract

an article by my surgeon

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:18:08 PM »
Ok I'm putting these pics up here - and forgive me if they're horrifying.  I know I'm ugly...and these are super high-detailed taken at a dr's office so they show a lot of sins.

Anyway, I need help.  I'm 42 and tired of being ugly.  My life has *not* been an easy one, but I'll be damned if I give up now.  I'm trying to make it better, and I have...but I want to look better too. 

Anyway - my questions.  I have terrible jaw pain every day...I've learned to *deal* with it, but I don't want to anymore.  I had an MRI and my TMJ joint on my left side is pretty crushed...that was 5 years ago.  I grind my teeth horribly every night.  I feel tenseness in my jaw every day.  I have shoulder and neck pain, and lately...searing pain in my teeth when eating (which is strange)...but I'm not sure if that's not just sinus related. 

I saw an orthodontist a few months ago and he said I "tend" towards and underbite and slight crossbite.  But I think I could be a candidate for jaw surgery.  My brother had it done ~10 years ago for a slight underbite (I'm not a huge fan of his outcome but that's neither here nor there).

Anyway...because I've always hated my lower jaw and felt it made me look "too masculine" I had some chin surgery ~8 years ago...had the sides burred down.  The result was ok, but left me with some ptosis.

I was in a bad car accident ~20 years ago and slammed the right side of my face into the spot of the car to the side of the windshield...got nerve and some muscle damage, which might have contributed to this TMJ pain I have now...I'll probably never know.

I have consulted with plastic surgeons.  I know my nose is ugly and I'll fix it, but I want to know if you think i should get jaw surgery first, or would I be a candidate?  I think I need an upper lip lift too..AND Orbital Rim Implants...I'm actually getting a consult for undereye filler later today...but that's a temp. fix.  I had it about 8 years ago and it looked ok.

Sorry for my blabbing...my face is so ugly sometimes I don't know where to begin!  I've been living with this for 42 years and I'm just sick of it - and now I'm financially (finally) able to change it.

Thanks!

Jesus you're not ugly at all. And you don't need any surgery! In fact I'd say you're quite attractive and look good/fit for your age. Try yoga, meditation that type of stuff and other forms of self-enhancement like taking classes in subjects that interest you.

Maybe some fillers would rejuvenate you and give you some lost volume. But you're absolutely attractive and look great. Nothing more than maybe some fillers are needed in your case. Your nose is perfect. you have a highly symmetrical face.

Blue333

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 01:00:18 PM »
You should get a nightguard made for you by an oral surgeon or a dentist. They are pricey but worth it.

Surgery wont necessarily make it better. It is almost impossible to tell.

http://www.joms.org/article/S0278-2391(03)00106-X/abstract

an article by my surgeon

Thanks Marcus for the link to that abstract...gives me something to ponder because as you said being pain-free is of course paramount to everything else.  Ok, I see what you mean by the mouthguard - yes mine was made by my dentist for me per the recommendation of a doc as MGH. 

Thanks again for your input, it's truly appreciated.

Blue333

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 01:05:37 PM »

Jesus you're not ugly at all. And you don't need any surgery! In fact I'd say you're quite attractive and look good/fit for your age. Try yoga, meditation that type of stuff and other forms of self-enhancement like taking classes in subjects that interest you.

Maybe some fillers would rejuvenate you and give you some lost volume. But you're absolutely attractive and look great. Nothing more than maybe some fillers are needed in your case. Your nose is perfect. you have a highly symmetrical face.

Thanks Lazlo...I really appreciate your comment as well...and I hope my post doesn't come off as "fishing for compliments" because I know how lame those kinds of posts are.  Perhaps it seems strange, but I'm really seeing major asymmetry in my face and something of an underbite happening...or an "almost underbite" which I've always felt my upper teeth are compensating for.  I'm seeing a pig-like nose and a lantern jaw...but maybe I'm not seeing what others see...I seriously don't know.

I just went on a consult this afternoon though with a filler guy and he suggested cheek filler - said a couple of vials could fill out my flat face and give some volume that's been lost.  I thought I needed it under my eyes but he didn't suggest that...said more in the malar area.

I hate the distance between my nose and upper lip...but he said a lip-lift would look weird on me because when I smile I already have plenty of tooth show, so it'd look weird because I'd have too much gum show with a lip lift.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 03:13:55 PM »
nah your assymmetry is so minor as to mean nothing. just a bit of filler to the under eye area and maybe some rejvenation stuff for skin.

Do the rest by exerecise, getting a hot body, dressing cool etc.. you're already hot, trust me i'd do you.

ITALIA

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:46:07 PM »
You've got great bone structure and symmetry to your face. Most people would love to have your starting point.    If I had to suggest anything it would be tear trough filler, it looks slightly hollow, but that's it to be honest.

Bobbit

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 05:09:09 PM »

Thanks!

Where do you live ?    That might make a difference in who you decided to see to resolve the issues.

I am thinking some skillful fat grafting - -   and maybe some procedure to slightly alter the chin shape.   In your pictures - -  do you have your lips relaxed, or are you forcing them closed ?   

Blue333

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »
nah your assymmetry is so minor as to mean nothing. just a bit of filler to the under eye area and maybe some rejvenation stuff for skin.

Do the rest by exerecise, getting a hot body, dressing cool etc.. you're already hot, trust me i'd do you.

Lol!  Thanks - I plan on taking better care of my skin and getting the filler in the Fall.  :-)

Blue333

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 05:33:28 PM »
You've got great bone structure and symmetry to your face. Most people would love to have your starting point.    If I had to suggest anything it would be tear trough filler, it looks slightly hollow, but that's it to be honest.

Thanks Italia - I just had a consultation this afternoon with a doc and he suggested filler to right below the eye...more the malar region.  I was surprised, I thought I need filler to the undereye but he said it'd push that area up along with it...so I think I'll try that.

Blue333

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 05:37:17 PM »
Where do you live ?    That might make a difference in who you decided to see to resolve the issues.

I am thinking some skillful fat grafting - -   and maybe some procedure to slightly alter the chin shape.   In your pictures - -  do you have your lips relaxed, or are you forcing them closed ?

Hi Bobbit...I consulted with *another* doc a few months ago who suggested skillful fat grafting to the malar region...I'm just a bit fearful of fat...he's an *expert* but still I worry...I've heard some horror stories about fat...like lumps and bumps or it growing.  The chin bothers me...like I mentioned below I had it burred down on the sides already...it was actually a bit more square before if you can believe it, but now it seems more uneven to me.  That's my lips relaxed...I don't need to force them closed. I have a bit of ptosis from the prior chin surgery - the surgeon I consulted with who said he could do the fat said he'd also even out the chin for me...I'm thinking about it...and he'd repair the ptosis.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 09:07:37 PM »
Asymmetry is very mild.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 09:43:04 PM »
a good filler doc would make you into a beauty queen.

you don't need ANY bone or jaw surgery work and rhino will def. make you look bad.