Author Topic: How to tell you family you are getting jaw surgery?  (Read 1636 times)

sarzo14

How to tell you family you are getting jaw surgery?
« on: August 13, 2016, 04:51:20 AM »
I decuded to get haw surgery a few month back, now I really close to getting my braces on and only my boyfriend and my mum know about it. My dad knows I'm thinkung about it but not that I have decuded and already talked to my surgeon. My dad is not the only one I need to tell, I need to tell my grandoarents and my aunt (I only have one and I'm her only neice).
I have already decided but I really wish they would support me in my decision. I would be so sad/angry (don't know actually how I'd react, but it wouldn't be good). But their reaction isn't going to change my mind, they are not the ones who have to live with my teeth and my problems and they might not understand. How do I tell them? How did you tell your close ones abou your jaw surgery?

PloskoPlus

Re: How to tell you family you are getting jaw surgery?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 06:55:41 AM »
Lie and say you have functional issues. Tmj, open bite, blablabla.

thinkingme

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 08:24:11 AM »
Just do it!

sarzo14

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 08:31:38 AM »
Ploskoplus I have functional issues but I don't think they are something my family would understand... i can't close m lips without strain I clench my teeth very often and also at sleep, my airway is low, I have a skeletal open bite (although not a dental one?)... But still I think they wouldn't understand beacuse the don't have that kind of problems...

And I can't just do it I want them to know before I do it. But their oppinion won't change the fact I'm doing it

thinkingme

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 09:25:55 AM »
Ploskoplus I have functional issues but I don't think they are something my family would understand... i can't close m lips without strain I clench my teeth very often and also at sleep, my airway is low, I have a skeletal open bite (although not a dental one?)... But still I think they wouldn't understand beacuse the don't have that kind of problems...

And I can't just do it I want them to know before I do it. But their oppinion won't change the fact I'm doing it

Then just say it bro. Take ur dad and go surgeon together. Get in braces and if ur aunt ask this just tell them u get surgery with braces. Tell it braces cant fix ur teeth solo.

kjohnt

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 01:29:35 AM »
It was tough for me as well.  Sometimes life is hard, but you have to walk your own path.