Author Topic: Tentative surgery date!  (Read 4802 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Tentative surgery date!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 05:15:51 PM »
nothing changed with my nose and i had a 6mm advancement of upper jaw. Dr. Sinn did an alar stitch.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 05:17:14 PM »
Hey ICY, two more quick questions. how come you don't have a rhinoplasty scar on your septum, between your nostrils or did you have a closed rhinoplasty? Or did you have an open one and the scar is very faded. Also do you have crowns or veneers on any of your front teeth?

Icy

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 04:33:54 AM »

I think that you would benefit from some  jaw movements like your surgeon proposed you. I think 5 mm lower jaw advancement should be great. You have slightly recessed jaw but you want to look stunning I guess. You have overall nice smile. Can I ask you which surgeon will do your surgery?

Thank you! I'm hoping that the movements give my smile just that extra little bit, also no more cracking teeth which would be just dandy! :P I live in South Africa, so not sure my surgeon's name will be much help if you aren't from around here, but I'm going with Dr Hermann Kluge! :)

Hey ICY, two more quick questions. how come you don't have a rhinoplasty scar on your septum, between your nostrils or did you have a closed rhinoplasty? Or did you have an open one and the scar is very faded. Also do you have crowns or veneers on any of your front teeth?

I had my rhino a very long time ago already, when I was 17 since my breathing was really bad. I have a tiny scar alongside my right nostril, but it's faded almost completely now. And nope no crowns or veneers, my front teeth are quite short so I've always wanted them lengthened a bit but all natural for now! :) I'll ask about the possibility of an alar stitch if it's needed, though I've heard it can hurt a bit? My rhino was totally painless, but I can imagine an irritated nose after jaw surgery would be a tiny bit ouch!

Washingtoni

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 12:49:08 PM »
Thank you! I'm hoping that the movements give my smile just that extra little bit, also no more cracking teeth which would be just dandy! :P I live in South Africa, so not sure my surgeon's name will be much help if you aren't from around here, but I'm going with Dr Hermann Kluge! :)

Hey Icy thank you for the surgeon name. I heard something abouth him but forget if it was good or not. But I think that south africa has a good health care so I would not bother too much. I wish you all the best for surgery you earned it (I read that you had BDD so you struggled a lot in your life). Do not get you foolish you look already good with a winning smile. Take care.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:09:02 PM by Washingtoni »

Icy

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 08:41:17 AM »
Hey Icy thank you for the surgeon name. I heard something abouth him but forget if it was good or not. But I think that south africa has a good health care so I would not bother too much. I wish you all the best for surgery you earned it (I read that you had BDD so you struggled a lot in your life). Do not get you foolish you look already good with a winning smile. Take care.

Thank you, I am just looking forward to getting the surgery over and done with and moving on with my life now, everything else is fine :)

mynameis

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 05:58:26 AM »
Profile looks good already to me, going by the picture you have given. Nicely developed maxilla. Nice upper face. Nice smile. Nice nose.

From the front a very slight chin/jaw asymmetry that no normal person would ever notice. Lower jaw isn't bad at all.
If it weren't for your BDD I would say you are lucky, but the obsession that comes with an illness like that is a b*tch.

However, if they are willing to advance your lower jaw 5mm then maybe you do have an overbite and your afters will be even more perfect! (picture probably just not showing it clearly).

I wonder what are they meaning to do with the lefort though?

Icy

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 04:07:19 AM »
Profile looks good already to me, going by the picture you have given. Nicely developed maxilla. Nice upper face. Nice smile. Nice nose.

From the front a very slight chin/jaw asymmetry that no normal person would ever notice. Lower jaw isn't bad at all.
If it weren't for your BDD I would say you are lucky, but the obsession that comes with an illness like that is a b*tch.

However, if they are willing to advance your lower jaw 5mm then maybe you do have an overbite and your afters will be even more perfect! (picture probably just not showing it clearly).

I wonder what are they meaning to do with the lefort though?

Thank you, I know I don't look terribly abnormal or anything, just not like others in my family and that bothers me. My overbite is pretty bad, and I mean overbite not an overjet. I have half a cm of cement on my back teeth to keep my bite open, because my teeth are getting damaged by the overbite, so I will be very glad when that's all over. :) I'm holding thumbs for a nice straight profile with a bit more jaw definition because my face is tremendously narrow! I think the lefort would be to prevent any weird underbite-y look if they need to advance more than 5mm, but it's still not 100% finalised in the surgical plan.