Author Topic: Chin wing without moving the chin forward  (Read 15422 times)

Lestat

Re: Chin wing without moving the chin forward
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 03:47:02 AM »
It's the side wing that creates the width and gives you the sharp gonial angle. Chin Wing won't be able to give you that sharp angle because you have to move the chin forward. A side wing can move the mandible in any direction without having to slide it forward, and if you move the gonial angle directly down you can create that square look.

Hi Vic thank you for your clarification. But who told you that? Dr. Z? Or have you seen pictures? How sure are you? I hope it is not only speculation... We have to find out the truth!!!

Stupid Jaws did the chin wing first, then did the side wing after, which is why he has that square and sharp shape. Granted he also had a bit of filler there as well, but his angles were pretty good before the filler

Did Stupidjaws tell you that?

Vic

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 12:20:26 PM »
Hi Vic thank you for your clarification. But who told you that? Dr. Z? Or have you seen pictures? How sure are you? I hope it is not only speculation... We have to find out the truth!!!

Dr Z and I planned by side wing after my surgery and that's what he's planning to do on me

Did Stupidjaws tell you that?

Yes, stupid Jaws told me

mike888miller

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2016, 08:58:20 AM »
as someone who has had fillers done with the leading dr on in the world for fillers (have literally watched Shakira walk in their jumping my spot, have seen gweneth paltrow there, this guy also treats Madonna), he told me that there is no way in hell to get defined jaw angles via absorbable fillers, which are the only Kind you ever want to consider.

this is the Problem when we look at the pics - many of the patients also had bimax, with our without rotations, more or less agressive. just look at a good gunson case - he gets tremendus gonial angle Definition and flattening improvements.

In my mind you would get the best result, if you did a bimax with maxium ccw Rotation, and then did cw with as Little Forward movement as needed and as much widening as possible. i feel that having the gne or the chin wing in the back pocket causes some doctors not maximise the Rotation aspect, maybe rightly so.

i wonder if there as doctors that truely believe us if we tell them we are willing to go up the risk reward continium a Little bit higher in order to reach our Goals...

ben from UK

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 04:37:41 AM »
My theory on why some get blunt gonials after only doing vertically movement (sidewing) is because of the technique used.

This is the cut we want to get (minus the anterior movement):

this is what some get instead which obviously is bad on the posterior ramus shape:

Yeah, you are completely right. The second picture is what was done to me and it blunted my jaw angles (more things went wrong but there's no need to discuss it any more). If it's done like the first pic maybe it could create more jaw width and angles, but probably only after two or three chinwings, which is too much risk I guess. Also, the so called sidewing can't be performed to everyone (it depends on elasticity of the bone). Overall I think this procedure is too unpredictable and you would maybe need fillers or implants afterwards if you needed more angularity and width. Even SJ needed fillers. Maybe chinwing works well on patients who already have a good jaw and chin and only want or need minimal changes, although someone on this board was happy with his cw results and went to the same surgeon as me, so it probably depends on the individual case as well. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »
Yes, the side wing is the augmentation of the width and length of the jawline without touching the chin

Hey Vic! Can you ask him if it is still possible to have revisional BSSO AFTER a side wing? Basically, does a side-wing prevent you from having jaw surgery in the future. Thanks.

swissguy

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2019, 12:32:09 AM »
Hey Vic! Can you ask him if it is still possible to have revisional BSSO AFTER a side wing? Basically, does a side-wing prevent you from having jaw surgery in the future. Thanks.

Not the person you actually asked, but doing that would be kinda stupid since jaw surgery will remodel your whole lower third and what previously looked good might not look good after it.
For chin wing its possible, so I assume its the same for side wing. Still not advisable.

beautyislife

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2019, 09:58:27 AM »
Is it possible to know which movements from a bimax later prevent you from getting a chin wing?
I'd want a chin wing post bimax, but I'm unsure how to tell my surgeon or ask if the bimax will prevent it (due to nerve, etc)

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2019, 10:14:24 AM »
Is it possible to know which movements from a bimax later prevent you from getting a chin wing?
I'd want a chin wing post bimax, but I'm unsure how to tell my surgeon or ask if the bimax will prevent it (due to nerve, etc)

It's not the 'movements'. It's the CUT placement. Chin wing docs do a HIGH BSSO so the the border of the mandible which needs to be cut through for the chin wing remains un-cut. The most common cuts for the BSSOs are in back of the molars which leaves a SPLIT through the area the chin wing docs need to cut through. If you have the most common BSSO that most bimax docs do, it PRECLUDES a chin wing later on which is WHY a chin wing doc WANTS/needs to bimax (and/or bsso that goes with it).  You can ask Dr. Z about which BSSO cut must not be done if you later want a chin wing if you need further clarification.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.