Author Topic: Time for a thread dedicated to the Side Wing Osteotomy  (Read 6648 times)

Lestat

Time for a thread dedicated to the Side Wing Osteotomy
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:08:24 AM »
I have good news for you:

The jaw angle can be changed via a Side Wing. A Chin Wing will make the angle more rounded because the chin has to move forward which is the reason why you should have a Side Wing and sliding genio separately. This means by doing the movements in two parts, you can just drop the gonial angle down, therefore making it look square as it connects back to the mandible then move the chin forward by itself without effecting the gonial angle. Using this method and doing some bone shaving in addition at the angle will make it look even more square.

What are your thoughts?

ppsk

Re: Time for a thread dedicated to the Side Wing Osteotomy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:32:33 AM »
I have good news for you:

The jaw angle can be changed via a Side Wing. A Chin Wing will make the angle more rounded because the chin has to move forward which is the reason why you should have a Side Wing and sliding genio separately. This means by doing the movements in two parts, you can just drop the gonial angle down, therefore making it look square as it connects back to the mandible then move the chin forward by itself without effecting the gonial angle. Using this method and doing some bone shaving in addition at the angle will make it look even more square.

What are your thoughts?

I'm still struggling to conceptualize how this would work, I'm guessing its the regular wing cut but instead of moving forward they attempt to drop it down, fix in place and then bone graft from the hip to fill the gaps? I have no clue.

Its not described in literature anywhere that ive found.

Lestat

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 11:05:11 AM »
Its not described in literature anywhere that ive found.

That is true but Dr. Z. said it!

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 11:08:32 AM »
guys....we can't focus so much on technical aspects...or we'll go crazy.

Lestat

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
It's the side wing that creates the width and gives you the sharp gonial angle. Chin Wing won't be able to give you that sharp angle because you have to move the chin forward. A side wing can move the mandible in any direction without having to slide it forward, and if you move the gonial angle directly down you can create that square look. Stupid Jaws did the chin wing first, then did the side wing after, which is why he has that square and sharp shape.

Lestat

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:13:16 AM »
guys....we can't focus so much on technical aspects...or we'll go crazy.

Is it true that you had a Side Wing?

You are the Jawmaster!

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 11:14:08 AM »
i don't know if i should call it like this...i did have a "chin wing" with no forward advancement that drammatically enhanced my jaw angles...

Lestat

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 11:16:34 AM »
i don't know if i should call it like this...i did have a "chin wing" with no forward advancement that drammatically enhanced my jaw angles...

Yeah, I am pretty sure it was a Side Wing! :)

Lestat

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 11:24:41 AM »
Here is the proof that it works: ---> Stupidjaws!

Vic

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 02:13:08 PM »

Dr Z said that was a side wing mate

boyo

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 05:31:31 AM »
I did have a side wing a week ago. Jaw angles improved in projection without being blunted in profile as some guy here claims. But the chin is what really gets improved, i got it vertically dropped and it's substantially more stronger now.

Lestat

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 09:48:38 AM »
I did have a side wing a week ago. Jaw angles improved in projection without being blunted in profile as some guy here claims. But the chin is what really gets improved, i got it vertically dropped and it's substantially more stronger now.

But you didnt move your chin forward??

Vic

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 11:18:58 AM »

Who did you side wing? Did you have both width and length added? I agree that when having a side / chin wing, you should also get the chin lengthened vertically to give you more shape from the front

Lestat

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 11:44:47 PM »

Boyo! We need more information! Who was your surgeon? Can you post some before and after photos (of your jaw). You can hide your identity! Come on we are so close to the answer!

triot

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 03:15:54 PM »
Is there any update on this?  :D