Author Topic: An appliance opposite to an expander to move teeth inwards?  (Read 941 times)

backward lowerjaw

• Private
An appliance opposite to an expander to move teeth inwards?
« on: December 05, 2016, 03:10:26 AM »
I'm not sure where's best to post this, any advice I appreciate. I am going around in circles on the internet day after day. I am after an appliance that that will bring my teeth inwards in the opposite an expander or alf appliance will do, I cannot find anything. As many of you may know I had an expander in my mouth in 2011 the dentist did not have a licence and expanded with so much force this pushed all my teeth out of alignment, my arch is now very wide which is not my true bite this has coursed my lower jaw to fall back, this is why the two jaw surgeries I had were a disaster, there must be an appliance  that does the opposite to what an expander does. Does anybody know of any device? Anything? Braces alone won't do this, the last dentist I saw promised she would and left me with straight teeth in the same position as before and £12000 spend.

[attachment deleted by admin]

backward lowerjaw

• Private
Re: An appliance opposite to an expander to move teeth inwards?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 03:14:11 AM »
1st photo what he did to me and messed up my bite

2nd photo my teeth before how my bite and teeth should be, I wish I never had the expander

3rd picture my teeth are out of position and now too wide

[attachment deleted by admin]

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 03:15:58 AM »
Biting on one side, if I relax my jaw if falls back

Showing my upper arch it was expanded this wide, too wide for my lower jaw

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 02:32:53 PM »
Looks like orthodontic expansion to me. If your teeth are still in good enough shape, should be easy enough to fix with braces. Pick a more reputable orthodontist this time. Expansion rarely works in adults and when it fails, it causes problems along the way.