Author Topic: What's your opinion? (Ceph included)  (Read 1519 times)

Bannbananas

What's your opinion? (Ceph included)
« on: January 16, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
I visited a maxfac today. He took a ceph and told me I just needed a 4mm genio to get my chin to meet my lower lip which surprised me to be honest.

I'd like to ask a knowledgeable member for his opinion. What would you say I "need" based on it? Also, how accurate is the infraorbital recession you can see on a ceph?

https://s24.postimg.org/3yvjtqshx/My_Ceph.jpg

(I think I was smiling a bit which pulled my upper lip a bit backwards. It usually protrudes a bit past my lower lip.)

Vic

Re: What's your opinion? (Ceph included)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 12:31:37 PM »
I visited a maxfac today. He took a ceph and told me I just needed a 4mm genio to get my chin to meet my lower lip which surprised me to be honest.

I'd like to ask a knowledgeable member for his opinion. What would you say I "need" based on it? Also, how accurate is the infraorbital recession you can see on a ceph?

https://s24.postimg.org/3yvjtqshx/My_Ceph.jpg

(I think I was smiling a bit which pulled my upper lip a bit backwards. It usually protrudes a bit past my lower lip.)

Yes, a genio is all you need. Your bite looks great. You should get a rhinoplasty as well

Bannbananas

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 12:49:09 PM »

Yes, a genio is all you need. Your bite looks great. You should get a rhinoplasty as well

Pretty embarrassing to hear my bite looks great after mentally cursing my orthodontist for "deforming" me.

I'm reluctant to get a rhino though. My nose is not great from the profile but it is not that bad from the front. I really have to consider my options once my genio is done and seeing how my nose looks with my slightly stronger chin.

Vic

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 01:52:08 PM »
You got any pics from front?

David_D

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »
Pretty embarrassing to hear my bite looks great after mentally cursing my orthodontist for "deforming" me.

I'm reluctant to get a rhino though. My nose is not great from the profile but it is not that bad from the front. I really have to consider my options once my genio is done and seeing how my nose looks with my slightly stronger chin.

I think that some larger noses can look very good, including in profile.  It depends on how the nose relates with the other facial features.  The nose certainly is not "one size fits all."  I can also imagine that a stronger chin might make a nose look less overly-prominent.

Bannbananas

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »
You got any pics from front?

I've got no pics on hand I feel comfortable sharing online at the moment.

The more I look at my ceph, the more I doubt the 4mm. Doesn't it seem too small an advancement? I don't see how 4mm can put my chin in line with my lower lip...

Vincent999

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 04:27:46 AM »
A nose like that is because of a recessed maxilla. If the maxilla was moved forward the nose would become straight. Get an opinion from a maxfac like Arnett or someone like Zarrinbal if in Europe.