Author Topic: Anyone else's elastics feel like they were crushing their teeth together?Post-op  (Read 1286 times)

sarahxgx

Went to my surgeon today and he put tighter elastics on. They were fine all day but now im in bed my teeth feel like they are being crushed together. Im kind of worried this might damage my teeth and it is really quite uncomfortable.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?

CK

• Private
yea its normal. elastics need to be tight for now. slowly youll start exercising your jaw.

some surgeons dont care they want you to chew immediately, others are more conservative with the elastics. maybe make one thread and post all ur questions there

sarahxgx

Sorry are my questions annoying you? These questions come into my head during different stages of my recovery, I can't just make a thread and post them all there.
Thanks for the reply.

CK

• Private
Sorry are my questions annoying you? These questions come into my head during different stages of my recovery, I can't just make a thread and post them all there.
Thanks for the reply.

no but it makes more sense to create one thread "my surgery questions" and post them there. more people will respond that way than if you make one thread for each question.

sarahxgx

Still getting the hang on this site, sorry.