Author Topic: BIO-OSS REPEAT --yeah so  (Read 4002 times)

Lazlo

• Private
BIO-OSS REPEAT --yeah so
« on: January 24, 2017, 07:06:50 PM »
This stuff is used by this guy for cheekbone augmentation. Anyone understand how Bio-Oss is different from HA?

Sounds like a wonder materaial!!!! How many mm of augmentation can you get fro it?

Anyone consult with this doc?

http://www.noormanvanderdussen.com/feminization/cheek-bone-correction.html

PloskoPlus

Re: BIO-OSS REPEAT --yeah so
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »
I consulted with him recently. Nice guy, old as f**k, more focussed on aesthetics than functionality. He was confident that he could augment my near non existent cheekbones with that stuff. I'm yet to see any evidence of it used effectively though (as is the case with HA). Because I have a ZMC fracture on one side, I would need xrays done to see the extent of the damage and displacement. Basically, none of these surgeons can really tell you much until you get xrays, or better yet, a CBCT scan done. It seems to me that they will all assure you that their methods are the most suitable and effective. To be honest, from meetings and research, i'm starting to get the impression that most surgeons have necessarily large egos, are all secretly full of s**t, and have a high chance of complications if you're not a straightforward case, despite assuring you that they can achieve what you want. Perhaps i've just become jaded.

Surgeons are high functioning psychopaths.

ditterbo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 03:19:21 PM »
Surgeons are high functioning psychopaths.

They're like politicians.  In it for themselves and not for the best possible health of the patient. We need objective regulators for both industries IMO.  The health industry needs to catch up to 21st century IT & utilize big data and analytics for actual treatment plans and not just their personal experience. If you suck at something doesn't mean that treatment option is void. You just shouldn't treat the patient & instead send them off to someone who can.   /rant (&had a terrible day  :'()

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »
They're like politicians.  In it for themselves and not for the best possible health of the patient. We need objective regulators for both industries IMO.  The health industry needs to catch up to 21st century IT & utilize big data and analytics for actual treatment plans and not just their personal experience. If you suck at something doesn't mean that treatment option is void. You just shouldn't treat the patient & instead send them off to someone who can.   /rant (&had a terrible day  :'()

What is obvious to me is that there is so little sharing. There should be a database of treatment plans and outcomes that they should be able to access and contribute to... The whole industry seems very fragmented and guild lik (x studied under y, so he must be good, as if surgery must be learned through osmosis like some kind of secret ritual).

earl25

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »
This stuff is used by this guy for cheekbone augmentation. Anyone understand how Bio-Oss is different from HA?

Sounds like a wonder materaial!!!! How many mm of augmentation can you get fro it?

Anyone consult with this doc?

http://www.noormanvanderdussen.com/feminization/cheek-bone-correction.html

there's no wonder material. all  it is is hydroxyapatite made from bovine insead of coral..
most docs i spoke to said its better used as an inlay rather than onlay .

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 04:33:23 PM »
there's no wonder material. all  it is is hydroxyapatite made from bovine insead of coral..
most docs i spoke to said its better used as an inlay rather than onlay .
This is what I heard as well.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 04:47:46 PM »
This is what I heard as well.

me too.

earl25

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »

wether we like it or not this is still a business. in reality if every plastic surgeon or doctor would disclose  all  risks fewer ppl would do this stuff. i mean its rare but ppl have gone blind from fillers , if all docs really discussed it at consults less ppl would do filler.

ditterbo

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 05:40:52 PM »
wether we like it or not this is still a business. in reality if every plastic surgeon or doctor would disclose  all  risks fewer ppl would do this stuff. i mean its rare but ppl have gone blind from fillers , if all docs really discussed it at consults less ppl would do filler.

yeah save all the complications for the paperwork, that's fine and acceptable by today's standards of disclosure.  it's the lack of big data and analytics governing medicine that puts patients & docs at the stone ages of 1 - identifying the statistically most beneficial treatment and then 2 - finding doctors with best outcomes of said treatments. Plastic surgery is half art though so best treatment for aesthetics is a whole nother matter entirely.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 05:45:15 PM »
My surgeon told me I'd lose NO sensation permanently and that there would be little to no risk of any complication. I have both permanent sensation loss and a very serious complication with my cheek which was sutured incorectly so the masseter muscle is constantly stretched. He said he can fix this issue. But until it's fixed I'm living with this complication I have to deal with every day.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 02:33:43 AM »
Exactly and this is also why information isn't shared between surgeons, they need a USP
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 07:01:29 AM »
My surgeon told me I'd lose NO sensation permanently and that there would be little to no risk of any complication. I have both permanent sensation loss and a very serious complication with my cheek which was sutured incorectly so the masseter muscle is constantly stretched. He said he can fix this issue. But until it's fixed I'm living with this complication I have to deal with every day.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.

WOW You had one of the best surgeons how did he suture your cheek incorrectly?  Did he comment on this error with you?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:07:25 AM by JimmyTheGent »
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 05:33:04 PM »
Wtf. Is he fixing it for free? How do you know it's sutured incorrectly? I hope that gets sorted out for you ASAP.

It's still too early to call the sensation loss permanent though you very well could be right. Keep positive man.

thanks dude. i think he will fix it for free, especially since i plan on having more surgeries with him.

Lefortitude

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »
thanks dude. i think he will fix it for free, especially since i plan on having more surgeries with him.

hes quite old, do you think he is going to stay sharp and coordinated enough to keep having good results?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
hes quite old, do you think he is going to stay sharp and coordinated enough to keep having good results?

Yes he's not a normal 74 year old, he's very smart and dextrous and very sharp. I wouldn't worry about that at all. He's got a good 5 more years in him easy.