Author Topic: Need jaw surgery for a severly broken jaw that was not done right  (Read 597 times)

martinbr

Hello, new here. I was in a massive car accident 30 yrs ago, and the had my jaw busted up pretty bad. Was in the hospital for two weeks with broken ribs, ankle and jaw. There was a young plastic surgeon there that was just starting out with his father. Well, when I was in the hospital they did not clean me up to good and developed a staff infection in the jaw bone. They had to re-operate and the jaw really healed in a terrible position. My chin is about a inch over from my nose.

Now thirty years later I want to see if I can get it fixed. I can't close my mouth right and am very self conscience about it. I am on Medi-Care, and am going to pick up a sup plan this march when I turn 65. Is this something a insurance company would pay for? I really would like to get it fixed. The only reason I didn't do it thirty years ago is that they wanted me to get all my teeth work fixed before they re broke the jaw. I didn't have the money for it at the time and just live with it all these years.
thanks,
martinbr

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Need jaw surgery for a severly broken jaw that was not done right
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »
Do you have x-rays or photos? That would help people to help you.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

martinbr

Re: Need jaw surgery for a severly broken jaw that was not done right
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 12:02:37 PM »
Not yet. Getting my sup med plan in March when I turn 65. Then going to town on my health...