Author Topic: Heavy/tightness in the Face  (Read 1275 times)

smile143

Heavy/tightness in the Face
« on: March 06, 2017, 07:35:57 PM »
Hello, I am 1 week post op and I have this TIGHT and very HEAVY feeling on my cheeks and upper lip. It feels like someone is trying to pull it. Sometimes it also has pin /needles sensation, I know it's a good sign  and the nerves are regenerating. What bothers me is the heavy feeling. I'm really worried  :'(. Please tell me if this is going away??

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Heavy/tightness in the Face
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:28:34 PM »
It may or it may not. I'm sure it will go away in terms of severity and you'll be more used to it. Honestly you'll have to wait about 3 months to see if it does or doesn't. The pulling may be from a misplaced tendon or muscle as I have which needs to be resituated.

Honestly, my pins and needles is still there in part of my lower lip and it's been almost 8 months so I don't know what to say. Im not "used to it" yet. Will it change? I hope so....

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:25:29 AM »
The pulling may be from a misplaced tendon or muscle as I have which needs to be resituated.

I didnt even know that this was a thing. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

smile143

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 07:59:07 AM »
I have this pulling sensation starting at 2 days post op. It bothers me a lot ,it's like someone is trying to pull my cheeks. I hope its not gonna be permanent.I'm still 1 week post op so Im praying hard this is not about the muscles being misplaced. Thanks for the reply.

smile143

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 08:01:40 AM »
Do you have this pulling sensation always? How does it feel for you and how do you know it's a misplaced muscle?

Vic

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:56:07 AM »
You're only one week post op and probably at your max swelling which is pulling your face in all kinds of directions. Just wait at least a month and see if it gets better

CCW

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 02:30:19 PM »
You're only one week post op and probably at your max swelling which is pulling your face in all kinds of directions. Just wait at least a month and see if it gets better
This sounds like swelling.

Rico

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 05:07:36 PM »
everyone numbness feels in a bit different way. Heavy/tightness in the face is caused by numbness (you just feel it like this, me too) and some swelling.
It will disappear when swelling is gone and you get 100% of affected nerve function

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 06:55:39 PM »
everyone numbness feels in a bit different way. Heavy/tightness in the face is caused by numbness (you just feel it like this, me too) and some swelling.
It will disappear when swelling is gone and you get 100% of affected nerve function

8 months post-op --don't have full sensation back. I can feel there, but it tingles and feels heavy still.

Rico

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 03:54:47 AM »
as I told ...that 'heavy' feeling is a part of numbness. It depends on how you receive lack of proper nerve function and how you cope with it.

in my case heaviness was very noticeable