Author Topic: What are these facial lines and how do I fix them?  (Read 783 times)

RedLips

What are these facial lines and how do I fix them?
« on: March 20, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »
I'm in my mid-twenties and have always had these very pronounced lines around my mouth.

I have a slight overbite and a gummy smile and a way-too-long midface (distance between eyes and lips), so I know that part of my issue is vertical maxillary excess. I am going to speak with some doctors about that.

I've had fillers put into my lips and chin (because I have a slightly recessed chin) and cheeks (to add volume so my face doesn't look THAT long.)

But I've always had these lines - I guess they're nasolabial lines and marionette lines - when I speak or smile or move my face. I'm too young for wrinkles and I've always had these lines. So what are they from? And how can I fix them? Is that even possible?

I just hate looking at photos or videos of myself and wanting to throw up because I'm hideous. Any help is appreciated.

Here are the photos: http://imgur.com/a/FhHCH

skulpt

Re: What are these facial lines and how do I fix them?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:33:24 PM »
I have 0 % nasolabial lines at near age 30 and my lower third is mediocre to bad, my maxilla and jaw are recessed, I have no cheekbones. Go figure, I can't really pinpoint why some get those and others dont.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:49:35 PM »
I'm not really sure, but I think it has to do with width of the maxilla, body fat, pronounced cheek bones, and skin quality/elasticity. It seems people with low body fat and wide maxillas don't get those. E.g. Look at cyclists or swimmers who have zero body fat. They rarely have those lines. In your photos, you're in shadows, and that accentuates it. If you take the same photo in front lighting it would bleach out your face and those lines. The weird thing is having good cheek bones seems to accentuate the lines because there is a natural dip from the cheekbone into that nasolabial area. But anyway, you look normal/good and I wouldn't notice those lines in the real world. My suggestion would be to lose some body fat, within healthy limits of course, eat well, drink a lot of water, etc.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

RedLips

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
I'm not really sure, but I think it has to do with width of the maxilla, body fat, pronounced cheek bones, and skin quality/elasticity. It seems people with low body fat and wide maxillas don't get those. E.g. Look at cyclists or swimmers who have zero body fat. They rarely have those lines. In your photos, you're in shadows, and that accentuates it. If you take the same photo in front lighting it would bleach out your face and those lines. The weird thing is having good cheek bones seems to accentuate the lines because there is a natural dip from the cheekbone into that nasolabial area. But anyway, you look normal/good and I wouldn't notice those lines in the real world. My suggestion would be to lose some body fat, within healthy limits of course, eat well, drink a lot of water, etc.

I'm already pretty thin, but I'll work on losing a few more pounds. I do have naturally high cheekbones, but these lines just drive me crazy.