Author Topic: I had Sarpe done, results are Okay. Need some advice for other surgeries!  (Read 2153 times)

jawsurgeryadvice

Hi everyone!

After reading all these topics for months I finally decided to make an account, since I see that some of u are very knowledgeable about overall aesthetics and jaw surgeries. So really hope u can help me out, cause there are things that are bothering me for months now.

Here s my story:
I had Sarpe surgery almost 9 months ago. And I have noticed some subtle face changes that are quiet noticeable for other people. For example: my nose is a little wider, my buccal fat area is noticeably fuller and my overall face just looks fuller. I have less definition than I had before. Some people even thought I had some fillers in my cheek area. So to be honest I'm not really satisfied with the results. I'm still not done with the whole proces yet, because I have to wear my braces for like 10 more months.

But since I had my Sarpe done and I'm not really happy with it, but also not unhappy (just feels that in order to get the best possible result I need more than just a sarpe) I think I need a double jaw surgery to make it aesthetically better.

So here is some more information about me: I'm a 22 years old female and I have an overbite. My ortho says that I could benefit from a lower jaw advancement and making my upper jaw more symmetrical (its 1-2 mm to the right now and I feel that the sarpe made the asymmetry more noticeable). He didn't say anything about moving my upper jaw up and forward. But I personally think that my both jaws are actually recessed. Since I have seen so many cases on the internet and on this forum I really think it's not only my lower jaw that is recessed.
My midface is kinda flat, especially under my eyes (I have also sclera show), cheekbones also a bit low. And what bothers me even the most is that I have quiet some asymmetry going on. Oh and lets not forget my chin dimpling when im eating or talking (more on the right side than on the left side tho)

Now that I've mentioned all of the above, it really gives the impression that I'm really unattractive :'(, but somehow people still think that I'm quiet good/okay looking (don't know if they are just lying haha). So I just don't know if I'm being to hard on myself or that I could really benefit from a double jaw surgery where both jaws are advanced.
My sister has just graduated dental school and she also says that she is kinda skeptical about me getting a double jaw surgery. She thinks that I look fine and that a double jaw surgery is maybe too risky in my case (even though she does see and understand the things that are bothering me). But when I see all these before and afters I actually think that I'm a good candidate for this procedure.

So can I send any of you a PM with some pictures, so u can give me any advice which procedure is the best for me. I know that I should go to an oral surgeon, but thats what I'm gonna do in a few weeks, for now I just want your guys' opinion! And I feel that here we all understand each other because we are all in the same process.

(I attached a picture of my xray, this was before my Sarpe. My upper front teeth are less horizontal now (less overjet I think, idk?). And I don't want to post a normal picture of my face in this forum, only as a PM)

Hope anyone can help me out!

[attachment deleted by admin]

needadvancement

Your profile looks great. I would not even think about jaw surgery if I was you.

jawsurgeryadvice

Really?? But in that x ray my head is tilted back so my chin comes more forward

needadvancement

I see. I still think there is solid projection since you're a female. You said you want to do this for your looks but I can't see the benefits vs needless risks. Are there any health issues?

jawsurgeryadvice

Thank you guys for your opinions! I actually don't know if its my jaws that are bothering me or something else. There is just something but I can't really point a finger on it what is causing it cause I do have quite a lot of asymmetry in my face. My left side looks so much different than my right side. Maybe it has more to do with my facial muscles than my bone structure?

CCW

There's no scale, but your airway looks tiny. I'd be concerned about that. Bimax is required to improve it.