Author Topic: Treatment suggestion (pic inside)  (Read 1401 times)

Jayyy123

Treatment suggestion (pic inside)
« on: March 30, 2017, 06:24:52 PM »
Hey everyone,

I have a picture of my side profile with angles and am looking for some input. I have recessed upper/lower jaws and am wondering specifically what you guy would recommend based on this photo.

A bimax surgery is what was suggested but don't know if I am able to get the desirable CCW rotation because I do not have a gummy smile.

http://imgur.com/a/pzz7D

thanks in advance

slysurfz

• Private
Re: Treatment suggestion (pic inside)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 05:37:32 AM »
I agree with bimax , probably add a slding genio but cant say for sure with just the ceph trace

Jayyy123

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 05:04:02 PM »
What do you think about rotation though? From what I can tell the aesthetic benefits mainly come from CCW but I don't have a gummy smile so I would be restricted to getting it through impaction.

Or is my occlusal plane angle not too bad as is?

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »
I agree with bimax , probably add a slding genio but cant say for sure with just the ceph trace

How are his jaws grossly deficient such that bimax would significantly help him?  Maybe you're right but I see hardly any deficiency at all in either maxilla or jaw. Haven't taken the extra time to check what those SNA, SNB etc angles are relative to mean though (hint hint OP).

Jayyy123

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »
from what I found,

SNA: 82 +/- 2
SNB: 80 +/- 2

So ya not really close to the mean

E - ANB is how they are relative to each other, which is in a good range, but both the mandible and maxilla are significantly recessed based on the measurements (72.5/71.5 vs. 82/80)

ditterbo

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 07:02:25 PM »
from what I found,

SNA: 82 +/- 2
SNB: 80 +/- 2

So ya not really close to the mean

E - ANB is how they are relative to each other, which is in a good range, but both the mandible and maxilla are significantly recessed based on the measurements (72.5/71.5 vs. 82/80)

Just googling but ANB and SNA, SNB measure recession relative to different landmarks.  Given what little you showed us, a bad ANB value would be a lot easier to see than bad SNA/SNB's.  Your face is like harmoniously retrognathic, but I don't think one can tell much else from that crooked tracing (eg occlusal plane, mandibular plane angle) for optimal surgical movements.

Lefortitude

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 08:36:06 AM »
had to check the date on this post because i thought it must be from 1979.  get some computer generated cephs