Author Topic: This looks like a meh potential result  (Read 5354 times)

whatdo

This looks like a meh potential result
« on: May 12, 2017, 11:58:48 AM »
I got a render and the result looks sorta disappointing.

http://imgur.com/qpNhvnf

I guess though, this is mostly realistic as to what bimax will do for me? It almost looks like a sliding genio with rhinoplasty will perform much of the same result.

Just having a hard time

ditterbo

Re: This looks like a meh potential result
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 01:59:21 PM »
Is that from a max fac?

whatdo

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:11:27 PM »

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:34:04 PM »
How do you figure an SG will give the same result?  Maybe it would but I'd suspect your labiomental sulcus to look less natural with an SG or chin implant.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »
A very good realistic result.

jawregret

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 04:17:41 PM »
Honestly don't get why you want to do this in the first place...

whatdo

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »
How do you figure an SG will give the same result?  Maybe it would but I'd suspect your labiomental sulcus to look less natural with an SG or chin implant.

I was thinking a sliding genio could emulate a decent projection of the lower jaw? The labiomental fold would just get worse though it seems.

A very good realistic result.

It gives a good indication of what I should be expecting. But I'm just not sure (reading all the negatives about bimax) that this specific result is worth pursuing for aesthetic purposes only (if the sleep study comes back with no airway issues) IF there are other methods that can come relatively close.

Honestly don't get why you want to do this in the first place...

Honestly, I like the projected jaw look when its within reason. I am trying to improve my face, but I am just not entirely sure about jaw surgery given all the negative things I read about relapse, soft tissue changes, etc. Especially unsure because I also still have no clue how it would affect my front profile and bc i have no functional issues assuming the sleep study doesn't find any airway problems.

Lefortitude

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 05:38:21 PM »
PloskoPlus is 100% correct.  this is an EXCELLENT, very realistic result.  If you come out like this, with no side effects, you should be thrilled.

Millis

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »
I think you greatly underappreciate the significance of that result....

ppsk

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 09:56:58 PM »
yes i think you are underappreciating how good a  result that would be

by the way, there is nothing that "comes close" to double jaw surgery. All the "camoflage" methods are insufficient because there is nothing that can replicate the space (anterior projection) given by advancement. It is subtle but significant.

have a look at people who get jaw implants or genioplasty without addressing their jaw retrusion. They often just look bloated or odd.

CCW

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 12:02:50 AM »
From recessed to a strong Class I profile. That's a nice improvement. What did you expect? Jaw surgery is not magic that turns you into a male model. No surgery in the world will make you look like Sean O'Pry. An isolated genio won't work for you because you already have a decent chin. A recessed jaw with a big pointy chin is not a good look.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 12:44:57 AM »
Realized results can be quite different from morphs (for better or worse)

http://imgur.com/uH2oXIt - A real result. idk what the movements were but maybe similar to urs.

That said the kind of improvement you are seeking in your looks will involve more procedures than just jaw surgery and there are no guarantees. Like I told u in PM.

whatdo

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 09:17:30 AM »
PloskoPlus is 100% correct.  this is an EXCELLENT, very realistic result.  If you come out like this, with no side effects, you should be thrilled.

I think you greatly underappreciate the significance of that result....

yes i think you are underappreciating how good a  result that would be

by the way, there is nothing that "comes close" to double jaw surgery. All the "camoflage" methods are insufficient because there is nothing that can replicate the space (anterior projection) given by advancement. It is subtle but significant.

have a look at people who get jaw implants or genioplasty without addressing their jaw retrusion. They often just look bloated or odd.

I think the biggest hang up are the risks involved and the fact that its purely an aesthetic concern which I don't know if justifies the surgery anymore. I have seen some ok genio results for people with similar profiles to mine, but I will take your word on the jaw implants - I do not want to do implants.

From recessed to a strong Class I profile. That's a nice improvement. What did you expect? Jaw surgery is not magic that turns you into a male model. No surgery in the world will make you look like Sean O'Pry. An isolated genio won't work for you because you already have a decent chin. A recessed jaw with a big pointy chin is not a good look.

I guess just seeing some other morphs of my profile made it seem like the change would be more drastic. I know I won't be a model, I'm just concerned with the base I have and improving that, but it gets difficult to weigh the risks and I still have no idea what the effect on the front will be, I don't want a pointy chin look. So a sg wouldn't provide improvement at all? Despite the bite being "fine"? Maybe I'm thinking about that procedure poorly.

Honestly the change is quite minor  , might look better/different in real life as is the case most of the times but if the ccw movement is not great them imo you have a rather straight occlusion plane and also you'r class I , bi-max is not a surgery that was meant to address aesthetic issues at the first place although it does help in nullifying the underlying cause of craniofacial dystrophy. You can look into the chin-visor osteotomy that triaca has posted on the website , I think that could address the issue of a deep labiomental fold + a chin wing could further elongate your jawline. 

I've seen the chin wing and it was recommended before but I see a lot of asymmetry from those results I have seen and nobody in the states does this.

Realized results can be quite different from morphs (for better or worse)

http://imgur.com/uH2oXIt - A real result. idk what the movements were but maybe similar to urs.

That said the kind of improvement you are seeking in your looks will involve more procedures than just jaw surgery and there are no guarantees. Like I told u in PM.

Rhinoplasty is a given. But the jaw is hard to decide on and I know I'm being difficult on these forums

ditterbo

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
You got the same hangups as me but you haven't even factored in that Gunson's result may have more advancement than most other docs typically offer, due to the use of his HA block for more rotation. AND also with that morph, i'd be thinking "is this a 100 grand improvement, and worth a year long s**tty recovery"?  When I get my morph from Gunson I'll probably be in the same boat as you.

jawline

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 12:34:12 PM »
Morphed your image so you can see what a sliding genioplasty, rhinoplasty, and ear correction could potentially look like compared to the jaw surgery image as you mentioned you thought you could get a similar result. Maybe it'll help in regards to seeing what the changes could look like side by side.

Edit: Removed images as requested by op.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 05:43:19 AM by jawline »