Author Topic: Custom Jaw Implants in the UK. Professor Dunaway.  (Read 924 times)

DavidRicardo

Custom Jaw Implants in the UK. Professor Dunaway.
« on: May 14, 2017, 05:56:45 PM »
Booked a consult with a very experienced surgeon, Dr. Dunaway. Expensive consult cost at £300. Informed by PA that he preforms jaw implants on a weekly basis and that he's been been doing these for upwards of 15 years both in reconstruction and aesthetic cases. Only down side that I could find is that he prefers Medpor over Silicone (I'm a bit wary of having something in as difficult to remove as Medpor) and that he predominately uses PEEK for custom cases. No idea about PEEK, I heard Eppley say once that in the US it's only used in the skull.
Apparently face morphs will be preformed at the consult which is a step up from the US surgeons I have consulted with who wouldn't preform these until after you've paid the implant design costs. Would be much more convenient having the surgery in London. Hated the idea of recovering in a hotel and being so far from the surgeon if anything were to go wrong (infection ect).

Created this thread mainly from people in the UK searching for a local jaw implant surgeon. Will update once consult is complete. If anyone has had any experience with Dunaway (ideally related to facial implants) please share.

Millis

Re: Custom Jaw Implants in the UK. Professor Dunaway.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »
Sounds like you'll be paying at least £8k for these implants, off the shelf