Author Topic: Cheek concavity  (Read 40468 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Cheek concavity
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2013, 08:02:41 AM »
The doc who did my lip filler said that in women you begin to see volume loss between 28-33 onwards.  Rhino surgeon said the same.  In men, about 34 onwards

Aging is caused first by fat loss, second by wrinkles, gravity and loss of skin density and elasticity and thirdly by bone loss.

Fat loss and be improved with fillers and fat grafting (the latter being a lot better!)
Skin issues can be improved by lasers, peels and facelifts
Bone loss is pretty difficult to fix - it affects the entire facial skeleton.  But keeping healthy, full-size teeth is a good start

do you have any before and after pics of your lip filler? would be ver interested to see the look, or maybe just an after? if you'd be more comfortable you can share on the private forum.

x

• Private
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »
Who's ramus was enlarged?
So is there a consensus on whether advancing both jaws sacrifices cheek concavity?
I agree with Lazlo, I think it's more a short face/long face thing. If you're short faced then vertically lengthening the jaws in theory could stretch the soft tissue more taut which is what gives that concave look in the first place. It will also lengthen the distance between the cheekbone and the jawline, the hollow area

But I haven't ever seen a person come out of surgery with that concave look unless they're already 90% there, so I wouldn't factor the possibility of losing it much into your decision..

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »
I agree with Lazlo, I think it's more a short face/long face thing. If you're short faced then vertically lengthening the jaws in theory could stretch the soft tissue more taut which is what gives that concave look in the first place. It will also lengthen the distance between the cheekbone and the jawline, the hollow area

But I haven't ever seen a person come out of surgery with that concave look unless they're already 90% there, so I wouldn't factor the possibility of losing it much into your decision..

Thanks for your input, I have some concavity now and definitely want to keep or even exaggerate it, as it's a look I've always been fond of.

A maxfac wants to perform bimax on me with some slight chin impaction and advancement, advancment of the jaws would be linear I believe.
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2013, 03:55:37 AM »

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2013, 04:21:23 AM »
do you have any before and after pics of your lip filler? would be ver interested to see the look, or maybe just an after? if you'd be more comfortable you can share on the private forum.

Both are already in the private forum!  I'm very conservative with how much I get

Also, you can do a lot more with makeup than you can with filler.

I'm hoping I get some improvement when my upper incisors are put back in the right place.  MM said that lack of lip support had made my upper lip turn inwards

x

• Private
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2013, 08:57:40 AM »
Both are already in the private forum!  I'm very conservative with how much I get

Also, you can do a lot more with makeup than you can with filler.

I'm hoping I get some improvement when my upper incisors are put back in the right place.  MM said that lack of lip support had made my upper lip turn inwards
Lack of upper lip support from the lower lip? Like your upper lip droops and rounds inward because it doesn't hit the lower? Or is it just a matter of your upper arch?

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2013, 02:50:56 AM »
Lack of upper lip support from the lower lip? Like your upper lip droops and rounds inward because it doesn't hit the lower? Or is it just a matter of your upper arch?

No, it's because the teeth are pulled and slanted inwards, so the upper lip kindof follows it

I have a deep bite so my lower lip is everted.  Which makes it bigger, but means I can't wear lipstick.

terry947

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2015, 10:51:38 PM »
it depends on how your features mesh.

this guy posted a couple pages back (https://www.google.ca/search?q=Marco+Mengoni&biw=2560&bih=1139&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjkt_fY-KXJAhXKQCYKHa62B3MQ_AUICCgD#imgrc=Xod4adS6M5nAzM%3A) has flat cheekbones yet according to google hes famous and goodlooking.

also looking at recent pictures of shia, his eye look better.

This looks super interesting. i wonder if any surgeons use this.seems like a better option that just filling the space with some bone substitute.

http://www.synthes.com/sites/NA/Products/CMF/DistractionOsteogenesis/Pages/Midface-Distractor.aspx

skullremodel

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
I don't want to start a new topic. I will bump this.

I like the cheek concavity look, will lefort basically ruin this?

Rico

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2017, 11:57:41 PM »
This is what may happen if your surgeon change zygomatic bone position too much
http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6746.msg56774#msg56774

be careful