Author Topic: Does Zarrinbal execute Infraorbital rim implants ?  (Read 3938 times)

maverik46

Does Zarrinbal execute Infraorbital rim implants ?
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:51:27 AM »
Hi all,
I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Zarrinbal for the 23 of June. I contacted him for chin wing procedure, but i wonder if he is a good choise to fix another my other big issue with my eyes. I would need for sure an inferior orbital rim implant, but maybe also lateral.
Moreover I have ptosis, and a little bulging Eyes that would need probably an Orbital decompression, but I know that for this last problems is better an oculoplastic.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:13:26 AM by maverik46 »

boyo

Re: Does Zarrinbal execute Infraorbital rim implants ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 09:34:03 AM »
I doubt it as he strongly advice against implants. But please let us know when you ask him.

Bowie

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »
On another thread someone said that he uses cartilage as an onlay for the maxilla to make it look more forward, so no reason why he can't do that for the infraorbital rim. StupidJaws said that he hates implants but putting cartilage on the maxilla IS an implant so maybe he is just against synthetic materials.

whatdo

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:38:31 AM »
On another thread someone said that he uses cartilage as an onlay for the maxilla to make it look more forward, so no reason why he can't do that for the infraorbital rim. StupidJaws said that he hates implants but putting cartilage on the maxilla IS an implant so maybe he is just against synthetic materials.

Does anyone have an example of what the results from this look like?

maverik46

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 11:09:16 AM »

If he use cartilage, would be possible to do orbital decompression after putting cartilage on orbital rim ?

Bowie

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 11:09:46 AM »
Does anyone have an example of what the results from this look like?
How it would look depends on the shape he carves but essentially it would look exactly the same as a medpor or silicone orbital rim implant, but it would resorb to an unknown extent.

whatdo

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 11:19:16 AM »
How it would look depends on the shape he carves but essentially it would look exactly the same as a medpor or silicone orbital rim implant, but it would resorb to an unknown extent.

Oh sorry, I was referring to the onlay for the maxilla you mentioned. Would it essentially create that "curved" lip look people get after Lefort 1?

Bowie

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »
Oh sorry, I was referring to the onlay for the maxilla you mentioned. Would it essentially create that "curved" lip look people get after Lefort 1?
Oh good question, no one knows what that looks like as far as I know.
Last year I thought it would be a good idea to put cartilage on that area so pretty cool to hear Zarrinbal does that.
Actually, thinking about it, couldn't it look strange if the maxilla bone is more forward but the upper teeth are left behind?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »
Is it lyophilized though?

Bowie

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 11:37:50 AM »
Is it lyophilized though?
lyo cartilage still resorbs

Milli_Meters

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »
I knew someone who had it placed under eyes and said no risk of resorbtion.Maybe not adjacent to bone?

Lefortitude

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 11:44:07 AM »
He does AUTOLOGOUS cartilage or bone graft under the upper lip to mimic maxillary advancement.  He avoids ALLOPLASTIC augmentation and strongly advises against it. 

Bowie

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 11:45:49 AM »
I knew someone who had it placed under eyes and said no risk of resorbtion.Maybe not adjacent to bone?
Well then their surgeon was lying to them, there is a maxillofacial professor in Australia who uses cartilage and bone implants for cheekbones and other facial implants, he is very open that there will be resorption so he actually does an overcorrection.

Bowie

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »
He does AUTOLOGOUS cartilage
Oh in that case it doesn't sound like it will be a significant augmentation

Milli_Meters

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 11:50:41 AM »
Well then their surgeon was lying to them, there is a maxillofacial professor in Australia who uses cartilage and bone implants for cheekbones and other facial implants, he is very open that there will be resorption so he actually does an overcorrection.
Yeah his surgeon has less than stellar reputation on this forum.