Author Topic: Surgery scheduled for next week - please share your knowledge!  (Read 10438 times)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Re: Surgery scheduled for next week - please share your knowledge!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »
it's the sum of all features.

it's ck basically saying if you have a longish philtrum you can't look good unless you're a weird anomaly.

f**k off ck, gettin real tired of your s**t!

stupidjaws

• CFO

CK

• Private
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 06:47:05 PM »
it's ck basically saying if you have a longish philtrum you can't look good unless you're a weird anomaly.

f**k off ck, gettin real tired of your s**t!

LOL not at all. the philtrum doesnt matter, long short, thin, whatever. sum of all features, individual features dont matter. it's the relationship they have with each other (harmony). same goes for the jaw.

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2013, 03:45:26 PM »
What difference would one expect from multi-segment le fort vs single piece?

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 04:32:56 PM »
If an upper arch is wider, how would it affect one's apperance, assuming no repalpses?

if it fits the occlusion and the mouth and it's proportionate to the angle of the lower jaw it's a good thing.

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »
if it fits the occlusion and the mouth and it's proportionate to the angle of the lower jaw it's a good thing.

OK. I can't quite visualize how everything is going to turn out. Excited but anxious at the same time. Werid feeling. Might as well enjoy this weirdness.

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 04:41:17 PM »
OK. I can't quite visualize how everything is going to turn out. Excited but anxious at the same time. Werid feeling. Might as well enjoy this weirdness.

exactly how i feel. mixed feelings, embrace the weirdness of it is the zen way to go.

CK

• Private
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
I can recognize a good result but in the grand scheme of things (overall result) most people look the same whether that is a good or bad thing I don't know

i think the real issue is the aesthetic benefit of jaw surgery can be overrated. no doubt it has the potential to deliver dramatic changes (good and bad) but people can definitely hype it up which undermines realistic expectations.

the people that benefit the most are those with serious comprehensive deformities - anything will be an improvement - and those with localized deformities (good outside of the jaw).

people on the border...which is a lot of people getting surgery....will gain less overall.

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 11:27:51 AM »
i noticed everyone on the board had a mild to great improvement.

You included, ck. you had a super improvement (aesthetically speaking)

CK

• Private
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 11:34:14 AM »
lol this isnt about me. this isnt really the case here but on archwired the attitude towards jaw surgery (aesthetically) is incredibly warped. jawsurgeryblog isnt much better.

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »
i think it's a good thing that people enter positively into this big thing. It gives them motivation and energy. stop ruining their thing, they'll figure it out alone.

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 12:05:25 AM »
It sounds like, if one's uncontrollable ugliness factors are overbearing, he/she should opt out of a jaw surgery absent of significant functional issues because the results would likely be unsatisfying otherwise, especially given the sizable cost associated with the procedure.

Now I'm thinking, I should have done more research before making such a drastic decision.  :-[

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 03:05:47 PM »
Hmmm a drunk post is almost never good...

CK

• Private
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 03:36:30 PM »
It sounds like, if one's uncontrollable ugliness factors are overbearing, he/she should opt out of a jaw surgery absent of significant functional issues because the results would likely be unsatisfying otherwise, especially given the sizable cost associated with the procedure.

Now I'm thinking, I should have done more research before making such a drastic decision.  :-[

it really depends on your goals. if one is just beyond the pale in appearance any surgery would be an improvement. the skill and technique of the surgeon is of course essential.

but yeah, as pekay as written about before it's pretty much impossible to take someone who is straight up deformed looking (comprehensively, not just the jaw) and make them top 80%.

hate to sound superficial but it's just the truth.