Author Topic: Future is bright, do what you can in the meantime.  (Read 21955 times)

Perlkrys

• Private
Re: Future is bright, do what you can in the meantime.
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2018, 02:34:34 PM »
Ignoring reality is the WORST thing you can do when trying to console someone, it doesn't matter if this is online or not. If you paint a fairytale scene for someone just to temporarily cheer them up it sets them up perfectly to fall again & fall further the next time they face some hardship.
The only difference is every time someone does this, they grow more & more convinced that everyone else is a liar which can be really dangerous if they suffer from a MD of any kind.

Not bashing anyone, just observing.

Oh it's no fairytale. Just the other day I was at the beach and this lerpy looking waif of a logger-man saunters by with what was an obvious mail-order bride megababe. He looked like he had just crawled out of a cave somewhere, torn up jean overalls and a huge dip in his cheek, I can't even believe he knows how to use the internet but bygolly he did it! And all I could think was 'That lucky sonofab*tch, he is getting the freshest borscht and dumplings every single night! The world is a good place!'. And she was just smiling and laughing at all his jokes, and you know why? Cause that Lurch-looking man was her knight in shining armor and she thought he was a BABE.

So there you have it. IRL.

Also, I can only speak for myself AND EVERY OTHER GIRL I KNOW, but the only thing worse than a meathead with a thick neck (swoll neck?) is a dude who's jealous of a meathead with a thick neck.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2018, 02:48:14 PM »
Oh it's no fairytale. Just the other day I was at the beach and this lerpy looking waif of a logger-man saunters by with what was an obvious mail-order bride megababe. He looked like he had just crawled out of a cave somewhere, torn up jean overalls and a huge dip in his cheek, I can't even believe he knows how to use the internet but bygolly he did it! And all I could think was 'That lucky sonofab*tch, he is getting the freshest borscht and dumplings every single night! The world is a good place!'. And she was just smiling and laughing at all his jokes, and you know why? Cause that Lurch-looking man was her knight in shining armor and she thought he was a BABE.

Also, I can only speak for myself AND EVERY OTHER GIRL I KNOW, but the only thing worse than a meathead with a thick neck (swoll neck?) is a dude who's jealous of a meathead with a thick neck.

Real talk. I date outside my league and have a s**tty jaw and thin neck.

Funny, smart, interesting > looks. I think it compounds, too. Like if a girl sees you with an attractive girl she is more attracted to you...or at least intrigued. It compounds the other way for mopers who stair in the mirror, too.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Perlkrys

• Private
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »

Funny, smart, interesting > looks. I think it compounds, too. Like if a girl sees you with an attractive girl she is more attracted to you...or at least intrigued. It compounds the other way for mopers who stair in the mirror, too.

Here, here! I'd say as long as you don't have a swoll neck you're in the clear.

Y'all are being a bunch of babies.

<3

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2018, 03:01:13 PM »
Here, here! I'd say as long as you don't have a swoll neck you're in the clear.

Y'all are being a bunch of babies.

<3

I wonder if it's the internet.
People seem more hyper aware of everything.

Perlkrys

• Private
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »

Maybe. I'm hyperaware of all these swoll necks right now. Grooooss! Nooo!
https://lookism.net/Thread-Neck-Training-Thread

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »

Aren't mail order brides like, paid for?

Not the best example but I get your underlying message & I agree completely, looks AREN'T the be all & end all.

The point I was making is that (just as with gender, race etc) discrimination does exist & we should be prepared for it/ not let it get to us rather than pretending it doesn't.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2018, 03:07:31 PM »

Not the best example but I get your underlying message & I agree completely, looks AREN'T the be all & end all.

The point I was making is that (just as with gender, race etc) discrimination does exist & we should be prepared for it/ not let it get to us rather than pretending it doesn't.

Life is easier if you're attractive. That's a given.
But it's far from over if you're not, and it seems people want to view the situation in black and white...all or nothing.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2018, 03:10:20 PM »
Maybe. I'm hyperaware of all these swoll necks right now. Grooooss! Nooo!
https://lookism.net/Thread-Neck-Training-Thread

Who likes that type of neck? Biker chicks and anchorwomen?

Perlkrys

• Private
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2018, 03:11:18 PM »
Who likes that type of neck? Biker chicks and anchorwomen?

That's what I'm saying! Thin necks for the win!

Perlkrys

• Private
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2018, 03:13:48 PM »

Sometimes you get what you pay for though.

Is it really all that different than a lady paying for all sorts of plastic surgery to become a megahotbabe and land a loaded husband? There's just.. you know.. less physical risk involved.

Humans are complicated. ?! Gotta maximize those assets, whatever they are.

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2018, 03:15:29 PM »

There's many factors & social media is definitely one of them.

I also think that a lot of misinformed people have run with the feminist movement (which by itself is obviously fine) and used it to push agendas & ideas that ruined many peoples adolescent years and led to this whole 'man child' epidemic. [much more detail required but i cba to explain it right now]

That's what a lot of these lookism people are/ will end up being. Man children. Wanting everything on a platter without having to work for it. Yes they may be only focusing on looks, but I guarantee it reflects in their entire lives.

Perlkrys

• Private
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2018, 03:19:32 PM »
There's many factors & social media is definitely one of them.

I also think that a lot of misinformed people have run with the feminist movement (which by itself is obviously fine) and used it to push agendas & ideas that ruined many peoples adolescent years and led to this whole 'man child' epidemic. [much more detail required but i cba to explain it right now]

That's what a lot of these lookism people are/ will end up being. Man children. Wanting everything on a platter without having to work for it. Yes they may be only focusing on looks, but I guarantee it reflects in their entire lives.

"Adult baby" should have stayed the silly fetish it was always meant to be!

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »

Oh, I dated a feminist for almost 3 years, so no explanation needed. Boy, freedom is nice...

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2018, 03:24:32 PM »
Sometimes you get what you pay for though.

Is it really all that different than a lady paying for all sorts of plastic surgery to become a megahotbabe and land a loaded husband? There's just.. you know.. less physical risk involved.

Humans are complicated. ?!

Yes, they are.

That said, the practice of mail order brides is awful & it's a pretty well known fact that most just want out of their country.
Oh & another thing, MONEY IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL INTERACTION. Your advice isn't helpful here, its just seriously damaging.

With surgery there is at least a link (albeit tenuous in some cases) with trying to better oneself, above is just insanity.

Below is the CORRECT mindset.

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2018, 03:25:36 PM »
Oh, I dated a feminist for almost 3 years, so no explanation needed. Boy, freedom is nice...

HAHA same, 2 here though. Definitely a learning experience...