Author Topic: Gunson digital consult?  (Read 3298 times)

nqrse

Gunson digital consult?
« on: February 28, 2018, 08:26:53 PM »
Gunson's offering digital consults via GoToMeeting. Has anyone on here done it before?

haven

• Private
Re: Gunson digital consult?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »
I called a few weeks ago to ask about the process for scheduling an in person consult. He's the last guy I'm trying to see to decide on whether or not I want to get a genioplasty done. They told me they only require a referral letter from an orthdontist to make an appointment. They never mentioned digital consultations. What'd they tell you?

nqrse

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 02:01:15 PM »
I called a few weeks ago to ask about the process for scheduling an in person consult. He's the last guy I'm trying to see to decide on whether or not I want to get a genioplasty done. They told me they only require a referral letter from an orthdontist to make an appointment. They never mentioned digital consultations. What'd they tell you?

I tried to get an in-person appointment, and they told me that I either need an orthodontist or I can send in my records (radiographs, facial photos, sleep study...). I sent in my stuff, and they told me I can schedule a digital consult or an in-person consult. They really seemed to be trying to get me to choose the digital consult though.

arizonagirl3

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
What is a Gunson digital consult?  I'm on the calendar for a consult with Dr. Gunson for this October -- it appears he's that booked.  Would love to hear about anyone who has had a double jaw surgery revision with him.  I believe I was botched by a surgeon here in AZ. 

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 09:39:23 AM »
Digital consult: Although it would seem to be self explanatory......

Digital consult= over the internet. The act of submitting files (X rays, photos, concerns ect.) electronically for the doctor to take an initial look and to provide preliminary feedback.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 10:56:48 AM »
They will need the moulds of your teeth to be sent in.

nqrse

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 04:17:18 PM »
The digital consult is meant to be equivalent to the in-person consult, based on what they've told me. It's different than the paper consult they used to do. You won't get another in-person consult afterwards if you do the digital consult.

Framboise

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 12:18:58 AM »
The digital consult is meant to be equivalent to the in-person consult, based on what they've told me. It's different than the paper consult they used to do. You won't get another in-person consult afterwards if you do the digital consult.

I don't understand : having a digital consult means renouncing to be operate by Gunson ?

nqrse

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 08:17:24 AM »
I don't understand : having a digital consult means renouncing to be operate by Gunson ?

No, not at all. To my knowledge, they used to do paper consults, where the office staff would look at the patient's records and offer feedback, then afterwards, the actual in-person consult would take place. What I meant is that the digital consult is not the same as the preliminary paper consult they used to do. It's supposed to be equivalent to the actual in-person consult.

april

• Private
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 07:32:29 AM »
Gunson's offering digital consults via GoToMeeting. Has anyone on here done it before?
So has anyone done this yet?

I'd be paranoid about any lens distortion.

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 11:02:59 AM »
I have a upcoming consult with A&G, and they told me they do not do any consults based on records you submit to them, it must be in person. Again, I spoke to Kimberly. Can someone please append to this forum the person they spoke to, the direct correspondence included in quotation marks or appropriate recitation of the phone conversation saying A&G does digital consults?

Melalb

• Private
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 11:08:19 PM »
I have a upcoming consult with A&G, and they told me they do not do any consults based on records you submit to them, it must be in person. Again, I spoke to Kimberly. Can someone please append to this forum the person they spoke to, the direct correspondence included in quotation marks or appropriate recitation of the phone conversation saying A&G does digital consults?

I have had the online consult with Dr.Gunson a couple of months ago and my contact person was Jenae. I was emailed a list of items required to evaluate my case. Once all the docs have been submitted it took about 2-3 weeks for the consult to be set up.