Author Topic: Best surgeon for Genioplasty?  (Read 4922 times)

deanm286

Best surgeon for Genioplasty?
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:10:25 AM »
I am in the early stages of research for a genioplasty. I would be grateful for surgeon recommendations. I am based in UK but prepared to travel. Thanks.

haven

• Private
Re: Best surgeon for Genioplasty?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:59:31 PM »
There's a Dr. Jamali in NYC who has good reviews. I thought about seeing him myself, but I'm going to wait a bit. There's also Dr Gunson in California, who is highly sought after. He's pretty booked though from what I gathered. I can't provide much intel on your side of the Atlantic. Make sure you do your research though.

deanm286

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 05:48:55 AM »
Thanks. I did contact Dr Gunson but they said that they don't do genioplasty unless you have jaw surgery.

haven

• Private
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »
A few posts from people back in 2015 had it done by Gunson or were in process, but never posted any follow ups. Maybe he's adjusted his policy and become a bit more strict. His partner recently retired I believe. Plus you'd have to wait a few months to see him. You could try calling Dr. Jamali. His prices don't seem to be as high as say Gunson's and he seems to have a good track record. I found a post of someone here you had it done by him a while back and said he was happy. You'll find more reviews of Jamali on this website called Realself. A few continued to provide updates of their post-op experiences. Totally not trying to sell you something, haha. I'm on the fence myself. A part of me would like it done, but the other half would rather use that money on something else like traveling and just living you know.

I get the impression that a few of the male posters are seeking "improvements" because they feel their looks are what holds them back from being successful with women. I feel that's a very misguided way of thinking, but to each their own. No point in looking like a model if you have the emotional maturity of a teenager.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 09:44:27 AM »
A few posts from people back in 2015 had it done by Gunson or were in process, but never posted any follow ups. Maybe he's adjusted his policy and become a bit more strict. His partner recently retired I believe. Plus you'd have to wait a few months to see him. You could try calling Dr. Jamali. His prices don't seem to be as high as say Gunson's and he seems to have a good track record. I found a post of someone here you had it done by him a while back and said he was happy. You'll find more reviews of Jamali on this website called Realself. A few continued to provide updates of their post-op experiences. Totally not trying to sell you something, haha. I'm on the fence myself. A part of me would like it done, but the other half would rather use that money on something else like traveling and just living you know.

I get the impression that a few of the male posters are seeking "improvements" because they feel their looks are what holds them back from being successful with women. I feel that's a very misguided way of thinking, but to each their own. No point in looking like a model if you have the emotional maturity of a teenager.

>No point in looking like a model if you have the emotional maturity of a teenager.

You mixed it up. Telling people half baked feel-good lies is something that little children and teengers get from their parents etc. All adults should know reality of dating and appearance. The world is a hard-hard place.

haven

• Private
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 11:20:35 AM »
Not really lies. All types of people varying in appearance and social status manage to get into relationships. If you had bad experiences that's on you to fix bruv. If you're "ugly" then date "ugly"  people. If "ugly" people won't date you, then you have some introspective work to do. Everyone gets humbled eventually.

Or better yet just to with your alternative and just hold out for your so called bright future. 😆

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 08:39:29 AM »
Not really lies. All types of people varying in appearance and social status manage to get into relationships. If you had bad experiences that's on you to fix bruv. If you're "ugly" then date "ugly"  people. If "ugly" people won't date you, then you have some introspective work to do. Everyone gets humbled eventually.

Or better yet just to with your alternative and just hold out for your so called bright future. 😆

>All types of people varying in appearance and social status manage to get into relationships.

My parents who hate each other and I doubt they are attracted to each other have gotten into a relationship. Doesn't mean its a good one and they seem very miserable in it.

>Or better yet just to with your alternative and just hold out for your so called bright future. 😆

I didn't say that. Lazlo did. I've been literally pessimistic about what he was been saying. I've been telling him a million times that all of these things need many years of testing and development and approval.

haven

• Private
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 12:04:16 PM »
>All types of people varying in appearance and social status manage to get into relationships.

My parents who hate each other and I doubt they are attracted to each other have gotten into a relationship. Doesn't mean its a good one and they seem very miserable in it.

>Or better yet just to with your alternative and just hold out for your so called bright future. 😆

I didn't say that. Lazlo did. I've been literally pessimistic about what he was been saying. I've been telling him a million times that all of these things need many years of testing and development and approval.

I mean yeah. My parents don't really talk too but that's also because they're polar opposite of each other. Their issues stem for years of poor communication.

Relationships fail for a lot of reasons. Just because your parents don't talk doesn't mean it stems from their lack of "attraction" to each other. Their issues could be rooted elsewhere.

At some point or another they saw something they liked about each other, unless this was some forced marriage thing.

some1afterall

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 10:35:22 PM »
Dr Deschamps-Braly does FFS in SF and has very prestigious credentials. He's supposed to be a genioplasty and fat grafting genius.

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »
So far I see mentioned:

Dr. Jamali (NYC)
Dr Deschamps-Braly (San Francisco, CA)

Any other recommendations for exclusively genioplasty?

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »
Bump, anyone have any other suggestions?

I found Derek Steinbacher who is a dual max-fac and plastic surgeon. He has some good results here: http://www.dereksteinbacher.com/jaw-surgery/.

Austinou88

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 09:59:02 PM »
So far I see mentioned:

Dr. Jamali (NYC)
Dr Deschamps-Braly (San Francisco, CA)

Any other recommendations for exclusively genioplasty?
So who did you end up seeing?
I always thought Jamali was a good choice for Genios. 

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »
So who did you end up seeing?
I always thought Jamali was a good choice for Genios.

I consulted with him, nice guy. I'm most likely going to get a revision and not a a solo genio.

PM me if you want any specific details.