Author Topic: Help getting hold of Dr Z in Berlin  (Read 3497 times)

Tazza77

Help getting hold of Dr Z in Berlin
« on: May 05, 2018, 02:10:20 PM »
Hey fellow jaw surgery peeps.

Bit about me: I'm male and had double jaw advancement surgery, ZSO, and genioplasty in Belgium in 2012 with MM. I had some complications from the ZSO, but the Jaws themselves were ok until recently.

This last year, the step off where the mandible and chin were cut and advanced have become visible, creating an indented bumpy jawline, the actual width and vertical height have also reduced, and I am exploring options on how to correct this. It may be a bit of resorption or partial relapse I'm not sure. I have also always lacked a strong vertical ramus dropdown, which was actually made worse by the CW BSSO.

I've been to see a local surgeon here in Canada, but he instantly recommended implants which I'm averse to, and had no explanation for the rather sudden change in Jaws. I've also spoken to Dr Y who also suggested medpore implants.

I really want to consult with Dr Z in Berlin about his chinwing osteotomy but I'm finding it impossible to actually get hold of him.
I've been calling the number on his site for weeks and no one picks up. I emailed both through the website and directly to the email address provided... Still nothing. I'm so frustrated and desperately want to set up a consult. I'm coming to Europe over the summer and want to see him while I'm there.

I would really appreciate someone who's had experience with Dr Z, letting me know the best way/ time to contact him. I'm in Canada so the times that I call at are quite early or late (8am or 5pm Berlin times) so could that be why no picks up?
Still doesn't explain the lack of email response though....

Any help would be great.
PM is fine too.
Thanks everyone

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Help getting hold of Dr Z in Berlin
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 02:46:32 PM »
He seems to have some site he's payed to be a member on where he 'holds court' as to questions. Perhaps, pose your question to him there:

https://www.portal-der-schoenheit.de/forum/gesicht-und-kopf-sonstige/kinn-kieferplastik/1.html#post105532
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Tazza77

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 02:59:55 PM »
That's interesting. Thank you. I wonder how that would work being a non- german speaker...
I'll definitely try it though.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 03:05:23 PM »
That's interesting. Thank you. I wonder how that would work being a non- german speaker...
I'll definitely try it though.

uhm telephone numebr?  Here you go: +49 30 36206256

Tazza77

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 03:11:09 PM »
That's the number I keep calling but no one picks up.... Does anyone know his secretarys office hours?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 03:37:37 PM »
http://www.gesichtschirurgie-berlin.com/content.php?seite=seiten/kontakt.php

He also has a contact form where perhaps he prioritizes to people who leave their full names and phone # as requested on form? No idea what you wrote on the contact FORM from his website but if it was a 'wordy' detailed verbal description in English of your problem, that could take longer or be 'de-prioritized' for a response relative to people who just want to know what time frames are for getting a consult.  Since he's asking for Street addresses and also postal codes, he could be prioritizing responses to those in Germany or in Euro countries where the transportation to get there is logistically easier than North America.  In essence, I think there is a good chance he's prioritizing responses to those in his 'surrounds' and also those speaking the same language as his staff/secretary who would be the one answering the queries coming in via the contact form.

Also, if your calls are at 8am and 5pm THEIR TIME, those are times where people might not be in office to foot phone calls.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Tazza77

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 03:42:02 PM »
I see your point Kavan.

I will reword the contact form to be a simple consult request to and use my brothers UK address to see if that elicits a faster response.
And I'll try calling overnight in the middle of the day in Berlin.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lestat

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 10:45:36 PM »
Bit about me I'm male and had double jaw advancement surgery, ZSO, and genioplasty in Belgium in 2012 with MM. I had some complications from the ZSO

What kind of complications exactly?

Melalb

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 04:10:54 AM »
Hey fellow jaw surgery peeps.

Bit about me: I'm male and had double jaw advancement surgery, ZSO, and genioplasty in Belgium in 2012 with MM. I had some complications from the ZSO, but the Jaws themselves were ok until recently.

This last year, the step off where the mandible and chin were cut and advanced have become visible, creating an indented bumpy jawline, the actual width and vertical height have also reduced, and I am exploring options on how to correct this. It may be a bit of resorption or partial relapse I'm not sure. I have also always lacked a strong vertical ramus dropdown, which was actually made worse by the CW BSSO.

I've been to see a local surgeon here in Canada, but he instantly recommended implants which I'm averse to, and had no explanation for the rather sudden change in Jaws. I've also spoken to Dr Y who also suggested medpore implants.

I really want to consult with Dr Z in Berlin about his chinwing osteotomy but I'm finding it impossible to actually get hold of him.
I've been calling the number on his site for weeks and no one picks up. I emailed both through the website and directly to the email address provided... Still nothing. I'm so frustrated and desperately want to set up a consult. I'm coming to Europe over the summer and want to see him while I'm there.

I would really appreciate someone who's had experience with Dr Z, letting me know the best way/ time to contact him. I'm in Canada so the times that I call at are quite early or late (8am or 5pm Berlin times) so could that be why no picks up?
Still doesn't explain the lack of email response though....

Any help would be great.
PM is fine too.
Thanks everyone

Hi, I am based in Australia and have recently contacted Dr Zarrinbal via the contact form on his website. It took a couple of weeks before he got back to me and have not yet received a response to my second email. He seems to be very busy every time I called he was in the surgery and only spoke to his PA. I was told that the waiting time for a consult is about 3-4weeks and roughly 1 month for a surgery. Not sure if the PA also speak English I suppose you could get someone to call on your behalf if she doesn't.

Tazza77

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 07:51:51 AM »
Malalb- thanks for letting me know your experience. I'm going to keep persisting )

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »
What kind of complications exactly?

Motherf**ker he asked you what kinds of complications exactly. You want help but you don't wanna share info with us here?

jen

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 05:03:03 PM »
I'm having trouble getting in touch he seems very busy.

ITALIA

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
I saw him a few yrs back and it can take a while to get hold of him.

You should make sure you contact him soon because if I remember correctly they shut for a period during summer.

GrendelGegongan

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 08:11:37 AM »
I've been speaking to him on and off since 2012 and have done two surgeries at his clinic, it still takes about two weeks for me to get a response from him. Be patient, he's a busy guy.