Author Topic: Droopiness.  (Read 8340 times)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Re: Droopiness.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »
Thank you Cmonster. The thing that worries me is that, I'm really not that swollen much anymore - which leads me to think that what I have now may not be too far from the final results (I'm assuming that the reduction in swelling over time is the most significant contributory factor to the facial changes that occur post-op). But you are right, anything is possible and who knows...I may be happier 8 weeks later.

wow! i think there is no way all the swelling went down....you should be still swollen! at least i am at day 16, i am still pretty swollen.
Like cmonster said, give it time and wait at least week 4/5 to make a partial judgement!

terraincognita

• Open Bite Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
People, your face takes a really long time to heal. I'm 9 months post op and I still notice little changes. I personally looked like crap for about half a year because the swelling comes and goes and things sort of haven't settled. Don't fret over the little details. Give yourself time to recover before you jump to any conclusions.

My surgeon had a rule that you weren't allowed to judge your face for at least 2 months post op. Honestly just avoid criticizing yourself and keep occupied with other things. In reality you're looking at about a year before the swelling is all gone.

CK

• Private
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 12:39:25 PM »
i wouldnt anticipate any dramatic changes after 5 or 6 months in most cases.

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »
Well, it's reasurring to hear all this. Thank you.