Author Topic: Droopiness.  (Read 8346 times)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Droopiness.
« on: June 21, 2013, 10:50:32 AM »
I know i'm really early in my recovery, my face is huge and swollend and all that crap.

But one thing that worries me is the droopiness. Will it pass once the swelling is gone? i'm day 10 post op

cheers

stupidjaws

• CFO
Re: Droopiness.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 11:00:40 AM »
I sent you a pic.

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
SJ, I am totally going thru the anxious stage right there with you! I'm 9 days post op, and I hate my new face as is now. The nose, especially, looks wider, shorter and more upturned just like a pig. I wonder how much change I can expect. :(

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
do you have access to the private forum?

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »
do you have access to the private forum?

I do.

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 01:27:28 PM »
great. i posted some photos there so you can see how i'm doing.

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 01:37:53 PM »
great. i posted some photos there so you can see how i'm doing.

Haha, I already saw your photos and commented on it yesterday! I think you should be happy with your results. :)

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 01:49:23 PM »
Haha, I already saw your photos and commented on it yesterday! I think you should be happy with your results. :)

I am, profile wise.

But i frontally i'm not very pleased, but i'll give it time

sesnut

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 05:38:45 PM »
SJ, I am totally going thru the anxious stage right there with you! I'm 9 days post op, and I hate my new face as is now. The nose, especially, looks wider, shorter and more upturned just like a pig. I wonder how much change I can expect. :(

how far forward and up did they move your upper jaw?

look at this guy
http://doublejawfix.blogspot.com/

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 05:43:02 PM »
how far forward and up did they move your upper jaw?

look at this guy
http://doublejawfix.blogspot.com/

No forward movement, no rotation, just 2-3mm upward movement.

Sharptoys

• Private
    • The Eric Reyes Law Firm
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »
It is incredibly ridiculous to begin evaluating facial aesthetics at less than a month post-op.  Everything but your profile is almost certain to change substantially. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:38:56 PM by Sharptoys »

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 02:47:39 AM »
sharptoys, you are correct.

however it's difficult to stay completely rationale when it's your own face.

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »
I don't know, I'm 2 weeks post-op now and seriously dislike my results aesthetically. My face hasn't changed much from day 7 to day 14 - I'm convinced things will change over the next several months, but a really dramatic change (which I would very much welcome) from here on does not seem likely at this rate.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »
I don't know, I'm 2 weeks post-op now and seriously dislike my results aesthetically. My face hasn't changed much from day 7 to day 14 - I'm convinced things will change over the next several months, but a really dramatic change (which I would very much welcome) from here on does not seem likely at this rate.

Trust me I KNOW how frustrated you feel when things arent changing and you are like "what the hell is going on here, everyone's swelling is going down what about me?" ... The same thing happened to me, it didnt start getting better till day 17/18.  Its so easy to get burnt out, and quick, but vent out any frustrations, and keep on going. Best advice I can offer you, detach yourself emotionally from your face- dont allow yourself to judge, too early.

Some people heal better than others, many of us go in expecting to beat the curve in recovery, and your body does whatever it wants. Take weekly pictures and look back on them, you will notice things start to balance out and improve over time. Hopefully by week 10-12 your issues will have resolved. Im at week 10, overall quite happy, but still waiting for a few things to settle in as well !
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »
Trust me I KNOW how frustrated you feel when things arent changing and you are like "what the hell is going on here, everyone's swelling is going down what about me?" ... The same thing happened to me, it didnt start getting better till day 17/18.  Its so easy to get burnt out, and quick, but vent out any frustrations, and keep on going. Best advice I can offer you, detach yourself emotionally from your face- dont allow yourself to judge, too early.

Some people heal better than others, many of us go in expecting to beat the curve in recovery, and your body does whatever it wants. Take weekly pictures and look back on them, you will notice things start to balance out and improve over time. Hopefully by week 10-12 your issues will have resolved. Im at week 10, overall quite happy, but still waiting for a few things to settle in as well !

Thank you Cmonster. The thing that worries me is that, I'm really not that swollen much anymore - which leads me to think that what I have now may not be too far from the final results (I'm assuming that the reduction in swelling over time is the most significant contributory factor to the facial changes that occur post-op). But you are right, anything is possible and who knows...I may be happier 8 weeks later.