Author Topic: Chiropractor adjusts woman's TMJ  (Read 2140 times)

ditterbo

Chiropractor adjusts woman's TMJ
« on: June 27, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »
Never seen anything like this before. IDK what symptoms this woman has other than an uneven jaw opening, but check out the adjustments this chiropractor does on her jaw. Not sure how this even works. Seems he cracks her jaw joints sharply in a direction specific to her TMJ disorder and then gives her jaw muscles a quick work out to even her out, for however long that lasts.

https://youtu.be/2g6kFemGjkA?t=404

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Chiropractor adjusts woman's TMJ
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 10:00:45 PM »
I call bulls**t on this. I think the only adjustment you can do on the jaw joint is to put it back if it has been dislocated. Wouldn't mess with the jaw joint like that, and not even sure if that's what he's really doing.

april

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 07:43:31 AM »
Not sure what he's doing - maybe trying very forcefully to pop her disc into place?

I actually felt so uncomfortable watching the whole thing. I've never been to a chiro before so maybe that's why. The "ring dinger" earlier on was terrifying, and then he gets out the stun-gun thing to the back of the head. I was so scared for her lol. Is this standard chiro fare?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 11:11:17 AM »
OK, watched the video.

Her main complaint seemed to be pain that can arise  from the (muscles along the) spine (and of course, that includes the neck) being out of wack/alignment. For a young fit person like her, the out of alignment part is usually due to muscle imbalance that can move a spinal segment what the chiros call 'subluxing' (sp?) which in turn can kind of impinge on a nerve for 'pins and needles' sensations of arms falling asleep.

Her main complaint IS NOT TMJ pain, it's just a 'toss in' and seems to be related most likely to some minor imbalance to the cervical spine and soft tissue attachments.

Basically, he's just doing what chiropracters do; crack the back and neck and other stuff to release tension of muscles pulling spine out of wack. THAT'S what they do.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 02:06:29 PM »
OK, watched the video.

Her main complaint seemed to be pain that can arise  from the (muscles along the) spine (and of course, that includes the neck) being out of wack/alignment. For a young fit person like her, the out of alignment part is usually due to muscle imbalance that can move a spinal segment what the chiros call 'subluxing' (sp?) which in turn can kind of impinge on a nerve for 'pins and needles' sensations of arms falling asleep.

Her main complaint IS NOT TMJ pain, it's just a 'toss in' and seems to be related most likely to some minor imbalance to the cervical spine and soft tissue attachments.

Basically, he's just doing what chiropracters do; crack the back and neck and other stuff to release tension of muscles pulling spine out of wack. THAT'S what they do.

I've actually seen this guy before, he seems to put up a lot of videos where he crack people. Seems to be same procedures for everyone, not like he makes any specific diagnosis regarding where to crack, but rather crack everything and at the end make some statement of how much better everything looks.

Here's a compilation where he performs the "ringding", which he seems to perform frequently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADKyPO10NVo&t=

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 06:09:07 PM »
I've actually seen this guy before, he seems to put up a lot of videos where he crack people. Seems to be same procedures for everyone, not like he makes any specific diagnosis regarding where to crack, but rather crack everything and at the end make some statement of how much better everything looks.

Here's a compilation where he performs the "ringding", which he seems to perform frequently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADKyPO10NVo&t=

IDK. That's basically what a lot of chiros can do which can work for a lot of people.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ditterbo

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 08:30:54 PM »
Now I find a chiropractor adjusting a woman's crooked nose! wth!

https://youtu.be/lTBIjCA_F7E?t=1582

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 11:06:20 PM »
Now I find a chiropractor adjusting a woman's crooked nose! wth!

https://youtu.be/lTBIjCA_F7E?t=1582

Uhm, is this really legit? Do you even have joints or suturs there that can be manipulated, or did he just break her nose?  :o

Hopefully there's something with it since he proudly presents it on YouTube. Doubt this is what they teach on chiropractor school though.