Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 10599 times)

ODog

Re: Any Suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 09:21:34 PM »
Think that looks way overdone, did another test what it could look like.

Is this achievable? How many mm of advancement would effect this change do you think ?

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 12:28:50 AM »
Is this achievable? How many mm of advancement would effect this change do you think ?

I have no idea on both. What is achievable have to be answered by a surgeon. Everything is possible in photo edit where you don't have to consider anything. On the amount of mm, your guess is as good as mine, I don't have any way of measuring such.

ODog

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 04:20:57 PM »
I’m going to guess it can be done beccause we have seen plenty of examples of substantial transformations on this board.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 06:58:46 PM »
While your chin is clearly too recessed, too much advancement will look out of balance with your forehead.  Careful with this!

In order to get the ideal amount of advancement, your forehead would also have to move forward (magically - sorry, there isn't a good solution to this). 

Attached is the ideal balance imo, but I would advise against against this kind of advancement otherwise...

ProsfeR

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 12:39:04 AM »
While your chin is clearly too recessed, too much advancement will look out of balance with your forehead.  Careful with this!
In order to get the ideal amount of advancement, your forehead would also have to move forward (magically - sorry, there isn't a good solution to this). 

Attached is the ideal balance imo, but I would advise against against this kind of advancement otherwise...

Thank you I really don't care about ideal I want my mouth to close to be able to breathe througth my nose and to just look normal u know. It sucks that I have such a weak brow ridge.

ProsfeR

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 01:04:01 AM »

Interested what you think about this case. Too much advancement?

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 01:42:41 AM »

Looks good to me.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 02:39:35 PM »

Given this case, with a retruded maxilla, it's probably a fine outcome.  His lower jaw in the after has a very aggressive balance now and his nose is slightly upturned and compacted. 

I can't see all the variables in your case, I'm just one of the more conservative people on here.  Your upper lip position is already at a good position relative to your other features.  I just want to caution you to not overdo it.

I've attached what I think would be the right balance for your forehead.

ProsfeR

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2018, 06:49:44 AM »
Given this case, with a retruded maxilla, it's probably a fine outcome.  His lower jaw in the after has a very aggressive balance now and his nose is slightly upturned and compacted. 

I can't see all the variables in your case, I'm just one of the more conservative people on here.  Your upper lip position is already at a good position relative to your other features.  I just want to caution you to not overdo it.

I've attached what I think would be the right balance for your forehead.

Thank you. Good morph,looks so realistic, gives me hope. It's crazy how important chin is for well balanced face.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:54:48 AM by ProsfeR »

ProsfeR

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2018, 11:19:17 AM »
Could someone explain to me what posterior maxillary downgraft actually means? Thank you

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »

ProsfeR

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2018, 01:27:56 PM »
So is CCW possible without posterior downgraft? If yes what difference would it make?

Yes, it would mean to bring ANS vertically up by anterior impaction instead.

ProsfeR

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »
Yes, it would mean to bring ANS vertically up instead.

Thank you. I mean the difference in results? For example in my case?

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »
Thank you. I mean the difference in results? For example in my case?

Anterior impaction means moving ANS vertically up, which is  desired in cases with e.g gummy smile. Moving ANS up will decrease the teeth and gum show when smiling, why posterior down grafting or a combination may be preferred if such change is not desired.