Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 10598 times)

ProsfeR

Any Suggestions?
« on: July 14, 2018, 09:48:02 AM »
Hello everyone!
What can I do to fix my face? x-ray is old from 2015 before braces. I had braces for almost 2 years, but I knew it wouldn't fix anything. Lip incompetence, gummy smile, nonexistent jawline and small chin.I just wanna look normal. I've been on consultation with local surgeon and he said I need counterclockwise rotation. What do you guys think?

haven

• Private
Re: Any Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 10:30:00 AM »
Your head's position in both pictures don't look to be the same and in the xray it looks like they positioned you to look downward? Which might exaggerate your reccession.  Granted I'm a layman so someone with more experienced might be able to chime in on that.

sanddunes

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 08:14:20 PM »
Your lower jaw and chin are both severely recessed.  Bi-max surgery and genioplasty will help you greatly!  You could also use rhinoplasty.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:33:47 PM by sanddunes »

sanddunes

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 08:26:18 PM »
Did a quick morph for you (others here are better at morphs than me, but I'm just trying to give you a general idea)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:38:33 PM by sanddunes »

sanddunes

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 08:41:38 PM »
It looks like you have a thin upper lip - when the upper jaw comes forward your upper lip will become fuller and look beetter - I'm not able to show that on the morph though

ProsfeR

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »
I do have a thin upper lip and very thick lower lip. I also have an open mouth posture and I really hope surgery can fix this but I'm not sure how.

ProsfeR

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 01:41:17 PM »
I have same problem as this girl maybe even worse

korvitz

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 06:46:04 PM »
Ask your surgeon if he means CCW with ONLY anterior impaction or anterior impaction & posterior downgrafting.

If he says the latter (meaning this surgeon is capable of doing CCW with posterior downgrafting) ask him to show some of his cases where CCW with posterior downgrafting is involved.
Also ask him what material he uses for the downgraft.

Do you mouthbreathe when you fall asleep or have TMJ problems?

Also check out this thread

https://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=7398.0

ghiggson90

• Private
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 08:19:22 PM »
IMO:

1) You have a relatively steep occlusal plane of around 20 degrees and a convex profile. Counterclockwise rotation by way of some combination of modest anterior maxillary impaction and posterior maxillary downgraft would address your concerns, improving facial balance, increasing the projection of the lower third of your face, decreasing gingival exposure. Remember it is better to under-correct in the vertical dimension.

2) You seem to have somewhat of a narrow airway, so advancement of the maxilla and mandible may help improve respiratory function as well.

3) A modest genioplasty would also increase projection of the lower third, decrease submental soft tissue excess, provide a more aesthetic mentolabial fold.

ProsfeR

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 01:52:38 AM »
I don't have TMJ problems but I definitely mouthbreathe when I sleep.

ProsfeR

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 02:06:53 AM »
Also my lower jaw is quite asymmetrical

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 08:35:15 AM »
Yes. You would need CCW

Least advancement at base of the nose and most advancement to lower jaw and chin.   CCW with posterior downgraft to correct highly convex profile without exaggerating already prominent maxilla/nose area would most likely need to be included in the plan.

Plan could also possibly include cutting the maxilla into separate pieces (multi-segmented lefort 1) if that were needed for further adjustments.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 09:05:46 AM »
Did a quick morph for you (others here are better at morphs than me, but I'm just trying to give you a general idea)

Think that looks way overdone, did another test what it could look like.

ProsfeR

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
Guys can you look at this girl's surgery results? Do you think it was successful? I'm asking because she's from my country and surgery is cheap here but not sure about results. I think her profile is too strong now and her lower jaw looks little asymmetrical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gXCldPGExI&t=78s Would appreciate if you could take a look.

ghiggson90

• Private
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »
Guys can you look at this girl's surgery results? Do you think it was successful? I'm asking because she's from my country and surgery is cheap here but not sure about results. I think her profile is too strong now and her lower jaw looks little asymmetrical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gXCldPGExI&t=78s Would appreciate if you could take a look.

Her chin is a bit strong, but overall I would say she has very good facial balance.