Author Topic: TEETH SENSITIVITY? GLASS TEETH?  (Read 1893 times)

Lazlo

• Private
TEETH SENSITIVITY? GLASS TEETH?
« on: June 29, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »
Sorry to continue with the troubling info but I've become really concerned about the health of my teeth for the past few months as I'm suffering from pretty bad gum recession and pain due to my s**tty ortho treatment.

I'm curious about something in particular. For about the past 4-6 months 2 and half years into my ortho treatment my teeth feel VERY VERY weird. It's hard to explain specifically, when I bite down it feels as if my teeth are made of chalk or glass or something and I have A LOT OF TENSION in my jaw.

One surgeon I consulted with recently told me that the problem is that I've been in braces for so long my teeth are beginning to become VERY SENSITIVE and I think the gum recession is also contributing to this. But I also have something else which is like my lower jaw will spasm out or sideways slightly at time and I find myself gritting or clenching my teeth inadvertently.

Anyone else experiencing any of these sorts of problems?

So specifically, TEETH FEELING WEIRD, LIKE GLASS OR CHALK when you bite down or grit them. JAW SPASMS, or CLENCHING?

It's not just my morbid curiosity. I'm asking because I'm wondering if other people have this problem, maybe it will resolve after braces are off or after surgery????

Lazlo

• Private
Re: TEETH SENSITIVITY? GLASS TEETH?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »
this is getting views, so if you have not been experiencing teeth sensitivity, clenching etc. I'd like to know that as well since it might mean mine is being caused by the extractions or maybe none of you have worn braces at one stretch for as long as I have....